Apr 18, 2013, 12:29 AM EDT
On a night when Calgary Flames fans were celebrating the career of Miikka Kiprusoff, the veteran 36-year-old goaltender will be cast on the highlights in part because of a goal he let in from center ice.
Detroit Red Wings forward Johan Franzen got his team to within a goal with under three minutes remaining in the third period, bouncing a backhand shot from just inside the Calgary side of center ice and by Kiprusoff. The Flames, however, hung on for the 3-2 victory and Kiprusoff made 36 saves on Wednesday.
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 7
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47