Apr 18, 2013, 12:29 AM EDT
On a night when Calgary Flames fans were celebrating the career of Miikka Kiprusoff, the veteran 36-year-old goaltender will be cast on the highlights in part because of a goal he let in from center ice.
Detroit Red Wings forward Johan Franzen got his team to within a goal with under three minutes remaining in the third period, bouncing a backhand shot from just inside the Calgary side of center ice and by Kiprusoff. The Flames, however, hung on for the 3-2 victory and Kiprusoff made 36 saves on Wednesday.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18