Apr 18, 2013, 12:29 AM EDT
On a night when Calgary Flames fans were celebrating the career of Miikka Kiprusoff, the veteran 36-year-old goaltender will be cast on the highlights in part because of a goal he let in from center ice.
Detroit Red Wings forward Johan Franzen got his team to within a goal with under three minutes remaining in the third period, bouncing a backhand shot from just inside the Calgary side of center ice and by Kiprusoff. The Flames, however, hung on for the 3-2 victory and Kiprusoff made 36 saves on Wednesday.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 11
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 15
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 14
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5