Apr 18, 2013, 8:28 PM EDT
One thing you can always expect from a Toronto Maple Leafs game is for someone to drop the gloves at a given moment. Tonight’s game against the New York Islanders was no different, although the timing was a bit curious.
With the Leafs up 2-0 in the first period, both Frazer McLaren and Colton Orr got their blood up and had back-to-back fights with Isles tough guys Matt Carkner and Eric Boulton respectively. Check out the heavy firsts tossed from all the combatants courtesy of Hockey-Fights.com.
That Orr-Boulton fight was beastly. The fights didn’t serve to rally the spirits of the Leafs, however, but fired up the Islanders instead as they would score three straight to close out the period with a 3-2 lead. Maybe Randy Carlyle should consider situations a bit more when putting his brawlers out.
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 0
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 26
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 41
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 11
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)