Apr 18, 2013, 8:28 PM EST
One thing you can always expect from a Toronto Maple Leafs game is for someone to drop the gloves at a given moment. Tonight’s game against the New York Islanders was no different, although the timing was a bit curious.
With the Leafs up 2-0 in the first period, both Frazer McLaren and Colton Orr got their blood up and had back-to-back fights with Isles tough guys Matt Carkner and Eric Boulton respectively. Check out the heavy firsts tossed from all the combatants courtesy of Hockey-Fights.com.
That Orr-Boulton fight was beastly. The fights didn’t serve to rally the spirits of the Leafs, however, but fired up the Islanders instead as they would score three straight to close out the period with a 3-2 lead. Maybe Randy Carlyle should consider situations a bit more when putting his brawlers out.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 9
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 48
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 20
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 36
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32