Apr 18, 2013, 8:28 PM EST
One thing you can always expect from a Toronto Maple Leafs game is for someone to drop the gloves at a given moment. Tonight’s game against the New York Islanders was no different, although the timing was a bit curious.
With the Leafs up 2-0 in the first period, both Frazer McLaren and Colton Orr got their blood up and had back-to-back fights with Isles tough guys Matt Carkner and Eric Boulton respectively. Check out the heavy firsts tossed from all the combatants courtesy of Hockey-Fights.com.
That Orr-Boulton fight was beastly. The fights didn’t serve to rally the spirits of the Leafs, however, but fired up the Islanders instead as they would score three straight to close out the period with a 3-2 lead. Maybe Randy Carlyle should consider situations a bit more when putting his brawlers out.
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 8
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 84
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 75
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 66
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 46
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 171
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (171)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (84)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (78)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (75)