Apr 18, 2013, 8:28 PM EST
One thing you can always expect from a Toronto Maple Leafs game is for someone to drop the gloves at a given moment. Tonight’s game against the New York Islanders was no different, although the timing was a bit curious.
With the Leafs up 2-0 in the first period, both Frazer McLaren and Colton Orr got their blood up and had back-to-back fights with Isles tough guys Matt Carkner and Eric Boulton respectively. Check out the heavy firsts tossed from all the combatants courtesy of Hockey-Fights.com.
That Orr-Boulton fight was beastly. The fights didn’t serve to rally the spirits of the Leafs, however, but fired up the Islanders instead as they would score three straight to close out the period with a 3-2 lead. Maybe Randy Carlyle should consider situations a bit more when putting his brawlers out.
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 20
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 44
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)