Apr 18, 2013, 6:00 AM EDT
A poll of 25 National Hockey League head coaches recently completed by TSN hockey insider Bob McKenzie revealed Sidney Crosby as the top choice for the Hart Trophy as the player voted on to be the most valuable to his team.
That’s at least based on the opinion of the majority of Eastern Conference coaches who responded to the survey, McKenzie reported.
Crosby still leads the league in scoring with 56 points in 36 games, however he hasn’t played since suffering a broken jaw on March 30, when he took a puck in the mouth.
McKenzie also reported that Jonathan Toews of the Chicago Blackhawks was the “overwhelming choice for Hart Trophy MVP consideration in the Western Conference.”
The 24-year-old captain is having another solid year for the Blackhawks, currently the top team in the NHL with the end of the regular season in sight.
Toews has six points in his last four games and has 44 points in 42 games. More impressive, and perhaps a better indication of just how good Chicago has been, is Toews’ plus-minus rating. His plus-27 rating puts him third amongst all NHL players this season.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)