Apr 18, 2013, 12:22 PM EDT
Rangers forward Brian Boyle is out indefinitely with a lower-body injury, according to the club.
Yesterday, the Rangers recalled forward Chris Kreider from AHL Connecticut. The 21-year-old could replace Boyle tonight versus Florida at MSG.
Boyle, 28, has had a frustrating season, scoring just two goals with three assists in 38 games.
Related: What’s wrong with the Rangers?
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 35
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 32
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 50
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35