Apr 18, 2013, 7:14 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
The Minnesota Wild want to move their AHL team to Iowa next season. They currently play in Houston. (Star Tribune)
Former Buffalo Sabres coach Lindy Ruff spoke out after it was revealed that he will be the bench boss for Team Canada in the upcoming World Championships. (Calgary Sun)
Edmonton Oilers captain Shawn Horcoff stood up for team president Kevin Lowe after his comments about there being two types of Oilers’ fans. Lowe apologized for his statement. “I didn’t see his apology, but I can assure you, having known Kevin for 15 years now, that nothing means more to him than this organization and the fans that are involved,” Horcoff said. (Edmonton Sun)
Highlights from BUffalo’s 3-2 shootout victory over Boston:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 18
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13