Apr 18, 2013, 7:14 AM EST
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
The Minnesota Wild want to move their AHL team to Iowa next season. They currently play in Houston. (Star Tribune)
Former Buffalo Sabres coach Lindy Ruff spoke out after it was revealed that he will be the bench boss for Team Canada in the upcoming World Championships. (Calgary Sun)
Edmonton Oilers captain Shawn Horcoff stood up for team president Kevin Lowe after his comments about there being two types of Oilers’ fans. Lowe apologized for his statement. “I didn’t see his apology, but I can assure you, having known Kevin for 15 years now, that nothing means more to him than this organization and the fans that are involved,” Horcoff said. (Edmonton Sun)
Highlights from BUffalo’s 3-2 shootout victory over Boston:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 11
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 25
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11