Apr 18, 2013, 7:14 AM EST
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
The Minnesota Wild want to move their AHL team to Iowa next season. They currently play in Houston. (Star Tribune)
Former Buffalo Sabres coach Lindy Ruff spoke out after it was revealed that he will be the bench boss for Team Canada in the upcoming World Championships. (Calgary Sun)
Edmonton Oilers captain Shawn Horcoff stood up for team president Kevin Lowe after his comments about there being two types of Oilers’ fans. Lowe apologized for his statement. “I didn’t see his apology, but I can assure you, having known Kevin for 15 years now, that nothing means more to him than this organization and the fans that are involved,” Horcoff said. (Edmonton Sun)
Highlights from BUffalo’s 3-2 shootout victory over Boston:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 0
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal 1
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 27
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 14
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19