Apr 18, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
The Penguins are beefing up for the stretch run.
That’s the word out of Pittsburgh on Thursday as the club recalled enforcer Steve MacIntyre from AHL Wilkes-Barre/Scranton.
MacIntyre, 29, has racked up 70 penalty minutes in 29 games in the AHL this season, but has yet to suit up for any NHL action.
The 6-foot-5, 250-pound pugilist did play 12 games for Pittsburgh last season, though.
Here’s arguably MacIntyre’s most infamous/famous moment in the NHL — a KO of Calgary’s Raitis Ivanans while playing for Edmonton:
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 48
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)