Apr 18, 2013, 7:00 PM EST
The Penguins are beefing up for the stretch run.
That’s the word out of Pittsburgh on Thursday as the club recalled enforcer Steve MacIntyre from AHL Wilkes-Barre/Scranton.
MacIntyre, 29, has racked up 70 penalty minutes in 29 games in the AHL this season, but has yet to suit up for any NHL action.
The 6-foot-5, 250-pound pugilist did play 12 games for Pittsburgh last season, though.
Here’s arguably MacIntyre’s most infamous/famous moment in the NHL — a KO of Calgary’s Raitis Ivanans while playing for Edmonton:
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4