Apr 18, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
The Penguins are beefing up for the stretch run.
That’s the word out of Pittsburgh on Thursday as the club recalled enforcer Steve MacIntyre from AHL Wilkes-Barre/Scranton.
MacIntyre, 29, has racked up 70 penalty minutes in 29 games in the AHL this season, but has yet to suit up for any NHL action.
The 6-foot-5, 250-pound pugilist did play 12 games for Pittsburgh last season, though.
Here’s arguably MacIntyre’s most infamous/famous moment in the NHL — a KO of Calgary’s Raitis Ivanans while playing for Edmonton:
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 1
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 2
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 5
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 14
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)