Apr 18, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
The Penguins are beefing up for the stretch run.
That’s the word out of Pittsburgh on Thursday as the club recalled enforcer Steve MacIntyre from AHL Wilkes-Barre/Scranton.
MacIntyre, 29, has racked up 70 penalty minutes in 29 games in the AHL this season, but has yet to suit up for any NHL action.
The 6-foot-5, 250-pound pugilist did play 12 games for Pittsburgh last season, though.
Here’s arguably MacIntyre’s most infamous/famous moment in the NHL — a KO of Calgary’s Raitis Ivanans while playing for Edmonton:
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 5
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 25
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)