Apr 18, 2013, 7:00 PM EST
The Penguins are beefing up for the stretch run.
That’s the word out of Pittsburgh on Thursday as the club recalled enforcer Steve MacIntyre from AHL Wilkes-Barre/Scranton.
MacIntyre, 29, has racked up 70 penalty minutes in 29 games in the AHL this season, but has yet to suit up for any NHL action.
The 6-foot-5, 250-pound pugilist did play 12 games for Pittsburgh last season, though.
Here’s arguably MacIntyre’s most infamous/famous moment in the NHL — a KO of Calgary’s Raitis Ivanans while playing for Edmonton:
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 10
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 28
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)