Apr 18, 2013, 1:52 PM EST
Milan Lucic, healthy scratch? That could be the case Friday when Boston hosts Pittsburgh.
Or maybe that’s just what Bruins head coach Claude Julien wants Lucic to think.
Per CSNNE.com, Lucic was skating on the “fifth line” today at practice.
Lucic played just 10:53 last night on the fourth line against the Sabres — a demotion for which the 24-year-old is taking full responsibility.
“There are no excuses and there’s nobody to blame but myself,” he said. “I know I can still be a big part of this team and it all comes down to me.”
Lucic has six goals and 18 assists in 41 games. He starts a new, three-year contract next season that will pay him an average annual salary of $6 million.
You’ll recall that the Bruins’ search for a top-six winger prior to the trade deadline (they ended up getting Jaromir Jagr after failing to land Jarome Iginla) was in large part due to the struggles of Lucic, as well as Nathan Horton.
Julien also has Carl Soderberg at his disposal now.
Soderberg was playing the left side on the third line with center Chris Kelly and Jagr on the right.
Boston has just two wins in its last six games.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 37
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 24
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 43
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 22
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 84
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)