Apr 18, 2013, 3:58 PM EST
With first place in the Western Conference wrapped up, Chicago is playing it safe down the stretch.
That appears to be the case with goalie Ray Emery, who will be held out of Friday’s game against Nashville with a lower-body injury.
The injury sounds minor at best — ‘Hawks head coach Joel Quenneville said he hopes Emery, who missed Thursday’s practice, will be back on the ice tomorrow.
“I think at this time, you want to make sure we’re smart about rest,” Quenneville told CSN Chicago. “Whether (the injuries) are small enough where could become bigger, we have the luxury to make sure it’s more preventative more than anything.”
In Emery’s place, Chicago has recalled Carter Hutton (the third, I presume) from AHL Rockford.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 42
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)