Apr 18, 2013, 3:58 PM EDT
With first place in the Western Conference wrapped up, Chicago is playing it safe down the stretch.
That appears to be the case with goalie Ray Emery, who will be held out of Friday’s game against Nashville with a lower-body injury.
The injury sounds minor at best — ‘Hawks head coach Joel Quenneville said he hopes Emery, who missed Thursday’s practice, will be back on the ice tomorrow.
“I think at this time, you want to make sure we’re smart about rest,” Quenneville told CSN Chicago. “Whether (the injuries) are small enough where could become bigger, we have the luxury to make sure it’s more preventative more than anything.”
In Emery’s place, Chicago has recalled Carter Hutton (the third, I presume) from AHL Rockford.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)