Apr 18, 2013, 7:28 PM EDT
New Jersey is struggling to stay in the playoff race and now it sounds like their captain won’t be back to help lead the way.
“I’m always hopeful. The difficult thing right now is I’m not skating regularly, so that makes it hard,” Salvador told The Star-Ledger today. “We’ll see.”
Salvador was hit by a Zdeno Chara shot in the Devils loss to Boston on April 10 so he’s lucky his wrist isn’t broken. Still, to be in the amount of pain that results from that kind of blow, you can understand why it’d be tough to come back quickly.
As it stands now, the Devils are six points out of eighth place with six games left to play.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5