Apr 18, 2013, 7:28 PM EDT
New Jersey is struggling to stay in the playoff race and now it sounds like their captain won’t be back to help lead the way.
“I’m always hopeful. The difficult thing right now is I’m not skating regularly, so that makes it hard,” Salvador told The Star-Ledger today. “We’ll see.”
Salvador was hit by a Zdeno Chara shot in the Devils loss to Boston on April 10 so he’s lucky his wrist isn’t broken. Still, to be in the amount of pain that results from that kind of blow, you can understand why it’d be tough to come back quickly.
As it stands now, the Devils are six points out of eighth place with six games left to play.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18