Apr 18, 2013, 7:28 PM EDT
New Jersey is struggling to stay in the playoff race and now it sounds like their captain won’t be back to help lead the way.
“I’m always hopeful. The difficult thing right now is I’m not skating regularly, so that makes it hard,” Salvador told The Star-Ledger today. “We’ll see.”
Salvador was hit by a Zdeno Chara shot in the Devils loss to Boston on April 10 so he’s lucky his wrist isn’t broken. Still, to be in the amount of pain that results from that kind of blow, you can understand why it’d be tough to come back quickly.
As it stands now, the Devils are six points out of eighth place with six games left to play.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 0
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 28
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 24
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)