Apr 18, 2013, 7:28 PM EST
New Jersey is struggling to stay in the playoff race and now it sounds like their captain won’t be back to help lead the way.
“I’m always hopeful. The difficult thing right now is I’m not skating regularly, so that makes it hard,” Salvador told The Star-Ledger today. “We’ll see.”
Salvador was hit by a Zdeno Chara shot in the Devils loss to Boston on April 10 so he’s lucky his wrist isn’t broken. Still, to be in the amount of pain that results from that kind of blow, you can understand why it’d be tough to come back quickly.
As it stands now, the Devils are six points out of eighth place with six games left to play.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 0
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 0
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 5
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 0
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 9
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 6
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 15
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)