Apr 18, 2013, 7:28 PM EDT
New Jersey is struggling to stay in the playoff race and now it sounds like their captain won’t be back to help lead the way.
“I’m always hopeful. The difficult thing right now is I’m not skating regularly, so that makes it hard,” Salvador told The Star-Ledger today. “We’ll see.”
Salvador was hit by a Zdeno Chara shot in the Devils loss to Boston on April 10 so he’s lucky his wrist isn’t broken. Still, to be in the amount of pain that results from that kind of blow, you can understand why it’d be tough to come back quickly.
As it stands now, the Devils are six points out of eighth place with six games left to play.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 18
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 30
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 32
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)