Apr 18, 2013, 4:27 PM EST
Ilya Bryzgalov will be back in Philadelphia’s goal tonight when the Flyers host the Devils.
The decision by coach Peter Laviolette to start Bryzgalov over Steve Mason is somewhat interesting given Mason was named the first star in Tuesday’s 4-2 victory over the Rangers.
Mason stopped 38 of New York’s 40 shots that night, outplaying last year’s Vezina Trophy winner, Henrik Lundqvist.
“We just couldn’t solve Mason,” Rangers coach John Tortorella said.
Granted, Bryzgalov also won his last start, a 7-3 victory over the Canadiens on Monday.
“Both of our goaltenders have played real well lately, I think,” Laviolette said, per CSNPhilly.com.
Philadelphia has five games left in a season that will all but certainly end without a playoff appearance.
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 0
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 19
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 6
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 13
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 85
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (85)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)