Apr 18, 2013, 4:27 PM EST
Ilya Bryzgalov will be back in Philadelphia’s goal tonight when the Flyers host the Devils.
The decision by coach Peter Laviolette to start Bryzgalov over Steve Mason is somewhat interesting given Mason was named the first star in Tuesday’s 4-2 victory over the Rangers.
Mason stopped 38 of New York’s 40 shots that night, outplaying last year’s Vezina Trophy winner, Henrik Lundqvist.
“We just couldn’t solve Mason,” Rangers coach John Tortorella said.
Granted, Bryzgalov also won his last start, a 7-3 victory over the Canadiens on Monday.
“Both of our goaltenders have played real well lately, I think,” Laviolette said, per CSNPhilly.com.
Philadelphia has five games left in a season that will all but certainly end without a playoff appearance.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 42
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)