Apr 18, 2013, 8:58 PM EDT
Hurricanes fans can breathe a sigh of relief over young star Jeff Skinner.
Carolina GM Jim Rutherford spoke with the press before tonight’s game against Winnipeg and gave a quick update on Skinner’s health following a monster open ice hit he took from Ottawa’s Jared Cowen. Chip Alexander of News & Observer has the story.
Rutherford said before the Thursday game against Winnipeg that all the medical tests on Skinner have been completed and that he received the reports, saying, “Jeff was not concussed. He’s fine.”
Skinner has a brief history of concussions in his NHL career missing a fair amount of time last season dealing with one. The Canes are virtually out of the playoff race as they’re 10 points behind the Rangers for eighth with just six games to play.
If Skinner was concussed, it would make for a good debate as to whether to let him come back or not. Since he’s not, they’re hoping to have him back in action this weekend when they face the Flyers and Lightning.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)