Apr 18, 2013, 8:58 PM EST
Hurricanes fans can breathe a sigh of relief over young star Jeff Skinner.
Carolina GM Jim Rutherford spoke with the press before tonight’s game against Winnipeg and gave a quick update on Skinner’s health following a monster open ice hit he took from Ottawa’s Jared Cowen. Chip Alexander of News & Observer has the story.
Rutherford said before the Thursday game against Winnipeg that all the medical tests on Skinner have been completed and that he received the reports, saying, “Jeff was not concussed. He’s fine.”
Skinner has a brief history of concussions in his NHL career missing a fair amount of time last season dealing with one. The Canes are virtually out of the playoff race as they’re 10 points behind the Rangers for eighth with just six games to play.
If Skinner was concussed, it would make for a good debate as to whether to let him come back or not. Since he’s not, they’re hoping to have him back in action this weekend when they face the Flyers and Lightning.
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 2
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 20
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 29
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 6
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)