Apr 18, 2013, 8:58 PM EST
Hurricanes fans can breathe a sigh of relief over young star Jeff Skinner.
Carolina GM Jim Rutherford spoke with the press before tonight’s game against Winnipeg and gave a quick update on Skinner’s health following a monster open ice hit he took from Ottawa’s Jared Cowen. Chip Alexander of News & Observer has the story.
Rutherford said before the Thursday game against Winnipeg that all the medical tests on Skinner have been completed and that he received the reports, saying, “Jeff was not concussed. He’s fine.”
Skinner has a brief history of concussions in his NHL career missing a fair amount of time last season dealing with one. The Canes are virtually out of the playoff race as they’re 10 points behind the Rangers for eighth with just six games to play.
If Skinner was concussed, it would make for a good debate as to whether to let him come back or not. Since he’s not, they’re hoping to have him back in action this weekend when they face the Flyers and Lightning.
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 2
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56