Apr 17, 2013, 11:17 PM EDT
The Blackhawks could get Patrick Sharp back in the lineup Friday when they host the Nashville Predators, according to reports out of Chicago.
According to the Chicago Tribune, Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville said, “we’ll see” about Sharp suiting up against the Predators.
“When he’s ready and more than ready, we’ll get him playing,” Quenneville told the Chicago Tribune. “But we’ll definitely be on the smart side of things.”
Sharp, 31, has had to endure injuries on separate occasions during this lockout-shortened season. He hasn’t played the last two games due to an upper body injury and missed more than a month before that also due to an upper-body injury.
In 26 games this season, Sharp has only five goals and 18 points.
The Blackhawks have six games remaining in their season and are riding a six-game winning streak, as they continue to lead the over National Hockey League standings in the race for the Presidents’ Trophy.
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 20
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 42
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 18
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 60
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 31
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 44
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)