Apr 17, 2013, 11:17 PM EDT
The Blackhawks could get Patrick Sharp back in the lineup Friday when they host the Nashville Predators, according to reports out of Chicago.
According to the Chicago Tribune, Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville said, “we’ll see” about Sharp suiting up against the Predators.
“When he’s ready and more than ready, we’ll get him playing,” Quenneville told the Chicago Tribune. “But we’ll definitely be on the smart side of things.”
Sharp, 31, has had to endure injuries on separate occasions during this lockout-shortened season. He hasn’t played the last two games due to an upper body injury and missed more than a month before that also due to an upper-body injury.
In 26 games this season, Sharp has only five goals and 18 points.
The Blackhawks have six games remaining in their season and are riding a six-game winning streak, as they continue to lead the over National Hockey League standings in the race for the Presidents’ Trophy.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 9
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 5
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 27
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 76
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)