Apr 17, 2013, 11:17 PM EST
The Blackhawks could get Patrick Sharp back in the lineup Friday when they host the Nashville Predators, according to reports out of Chicago.
According to the Chicago Tribune, Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville said, “we’ll see” about Sharp suiting up against the Predators.
“When he’s ready and more than ready, we’ll get him playing,” Quenneville told the Chicago Tribune. “But we’ll definitely be on the smart side of things.”
Sharp, 31, has had to endure injuries on separate occasions during this lockout-shortened season. He hasn’t played the last two games due to an upper body injury and missed more than a month before that also due to an upper-body injury.
In 26 games this season, Sharp has only five goals and 18 points.
The Blackhawks have six games remaining in their season and are riding a six-game winning streak, as they continue to lead the over National Hockey League standings in the race for the Presidents’ Trophy.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 3
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 11
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 19
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)