Apr 17, 2013, 11:17 PM EDT
The Blackhawks could get Patrick Sharp back in the lineup Friday when they host the Nashville Predators, according to reports out of Chicago.
According to the Chicago Tribune, Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville said, “we’ll see” about Sharp suiting up against the Predators.
“When he’s ready and more than ready, we’ll get him playing,” Quenneville told the Chicago Tribune. “But we’ll definitely be on the smart side of things.”
Sharp, 31, has had to endure injuries on separate occasions during this lockout-shortened season. He hasn’t played the last two games due to an upper body injury and missed more than a month before that also due to an upper-body injury.
In 26 games this season, Sharp has only five goals and 18 points.
The Blackhawks have six games remaining in their season and are riding a six-game winning streak, as they continue to lead the over National Hockey League standings in the race for the Presidents’ Trophy.
- BREAKING: Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 5
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 19
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 9
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 2
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 43
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 26
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 49
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)