Apr 17, 2013, 11:17 PM EDT
The Blackhawks could get Patrick Sharp back in the lineup Friday when they host the Nashville Predators, according to reports out of Chicago.
According to the Chicago Tribune, Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville said, “we’ll see” about Sharp suiting up against the Predators.
“When he’s ready and more than ready, we’ll get him playing,” Quenneville told the Chicago Tribune. “But we’ll definitely be on the smart side of things.”
Sharp, 31, has had to endure injuries on separate occasions during this lockout-shortened season. He hasn’t played the last two games due to an upper body injury and missed more than a month before that also due to an upper-body injury.
In 26 games this season, Sharp has only five goals and 18 points.
The Blackhawks have six games remaining in their season and are riding a six-game winning streak, as they continue to lead the over National Hockey League standings in the race for the Presidents’ Trophy.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)