Apr 17, 2013, 10:31 PM EDT
Sport has proven in the past to galvanize people in times of tragedy.
Two days after the Boston Marathon bombings, the Bruins were on the ice against the Buffalo Sabres.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
On the ice, the Bruins held a 2-1 lead into the final minute of the third period, before Sabres forward Cody Hodgson scored with 27 seconds remaining to tie the game and send it to overtime.
But it was just a game.
Folks from around the U.S. and Canada have shown their support for the people of Boston, who continue to remain in the minds and hearts of others.
Ryan Miller on Boston: "Everyone in this city has shown tremendous character, and I wouldn’t expect anything less from an American city."—
John Vogl (@BuffNewsVogl) April 18, 2013
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 7
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47