Apr 17, 2013, 10:31 PM EST
Sport has proven in the past to galvanize people in times of tragedy.
Two days after the Boston Marathon bombings, the Bruins were on the ice against the Buffalo Sabres.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
On the ice, the Bruins held a 2-1 lead into the final minute of the third period, before Sabres forward Cody Hodgson scored with 27 seconds remaining to tie the game and send it to overtime.
But it was just a game.
Folks from around the U.S. and Canada have shown their support for the people of Boston, who continue to remain in the minds and hearts of others.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 6
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 30
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)