Apr 17, 2013, 10:31 PM EDT
Sport has proven in the past to galvanize people in times of tragedy.
Two days after the Boston Marathon bombings, the Bruins were on the ice against the Buffalo Sabres.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
On the ice, the Bruins held a 2-1 lead into the final minute of the third period, before Sabres forward Cody Hodgson scored with 27 seconds remaining to tie the game and send it to overtime.
But it was just a game.
Folks from around the U.S. and Canada have shown their support for the people of Boston, who continue to remain in the minds and hearts of others.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 1
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 23
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 30
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)