Apr 17, 2013, 10:31 PM EDT
Sport has proven in the past to galvanize people in times of tragedy.
Two days after the Boston Marathon bombings, the Bruins were on the ice against the Buffalo Sabres.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
On the ice, the Bruins held a 2-1 lead into the final minute of the third period, before Sabres forward Cody Hodgson scored with 27 seconds remaining to tie the game and send it to overtime.
But it was just a game.
Folks from around the U.S. and Canada have shown their support for the people of Boston, who continue to remain in the minds and hearts of others.
- Armstrong: ‘Let’s live to fight another day’ 0
- Hitch needs ‘time to reflect’ before making decision on future 17
- Rutherford admits mistakes, but has support of Penguins ownership 7
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 39
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 38
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 26
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 10
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 31
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)