Apr 17, 2013, 10:31 PM EDT
Sport has proven in the past to galvanize people in times of tragedy.
Two days after the Boston Marathon bombings, the Bruins were on the ice against the Buffalo Sabres.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
On the ice, the Bruins held a 2-1 lead into the final minute of the third period, before Sabres forward Cody Hodgson scored with 27 seconds remaining to tie the game and send it to overtime.
But it was just a game.
Folks from around the U.S. and Canada have shown their support for the people of Boston, who continue to remain in the minds and hearts of others.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 75
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 33
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (94)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (76)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)