Apr 17, 2013, 9:00 PM EDT
At the beginning of the season, many picked the New York Rangers as a favorite to win the Stanley Cup.
It hasn’t exactly gone to plan.
The Rangers went into Wednesday night’s action clinging to the eighth and final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference, even on points with Winnipeg but ahead in the standings thanks to games in hand.
How did it get to this point? What’s gone wrong? And, most importantly — can it be fixed?
Brough and I tackled all those questions in the latest PHT Extra:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5