Apr 17, 2013, 9:00 PM EDT
At the beginning of the season, many picked the New York Rangers as a favorite to win the Stanley Cup.
It hasn’t exactly gone to plan.
The Rangers went into Wednesday night’s action clinging to the eighth and final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference, even on points with Winnipeg but ahead in the standings thanks to games in hand.
How did it get to this point? What’s gone wrong? And, most importantly — can it be fixed?
Brough and I tackled all those questions in the latest PHT Extra:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54