Apr 17, 2013, 9:00 PM EST
At the beginning of the season, many picked the New York Rangers as a favorite to win the Stanley Cup.
It hasn’t exactly gone to plan.
The Rangers went into Wednesday night’s action clinging to the eighth and final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference, even on points with Winnipeg but ahead in the standings thanks to games in hand.
How did it get to this point? What’s gone wrong? And, most importantly — can it be fixed?
Brough and I tackled all those questions in the latest PHT Extra:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Martin Jones gets another shutout, remains undefeated 14
- Video: Tom Wilson gets tossed for charging Brayden Schenn 54
- Video: Kyle Quincey ejected for boarding Ryan Getzlaf 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Third time’s the charm for Flyers vs Capitals? 8
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head 71
- Potter suspended two games for boarding Bonino 3
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension 107
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver 101
- Pittsburgh’s special teams have been pretty good; Florida’s not so much 3
- Flyers blow 4-1 lead, Caps win in shootout 25
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Bylsma: Neal needs to learn from Marchand hit (114)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (101)