Apr 17, 2013, 9:00 PM EDT
At the beginning of the season, many picked the New York Rangers as a favorite to win the Stanley Cup.
It hasn’t exactly gone to plan.
The Rangers went into Wednesday night’s action clinging to the eighth and final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference, even on points with Winnipeg but ahead in the standings thanks to games in hand.
How did it get to this point? What’s gone wrong? And, most importantly — can it be fixed?
Brough and I tackled all those questions in the latest PHT Extra:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 35
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25