Apr 17, 2013, 9:00 PM EDT
At the beginning of the season, many picked the New York Rangers as a favorite to win the Stanley Cup.
It hasn’t exactly gone to plan.
The Rangers went into Wednesday night’s action clinging to the eighth and final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference, even on points with Winnipeg but ahead in the standings thanks to games in hand.
How did it get to this point? What’s gone wrong? And, most importantly — can it be fixed?
Brough and I tackled all those questions in the latest PHT Extra:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 4
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 14
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31