Apr 17, 2013, 2:30 AM EDT
Before the San Jose Sharks decided to move Brent Burns back to his original position as a forward, it seemed like his greatest contribution to the 2013 season would be his incredible caveman team photo.
Many believe that he’s been the difference-maker since he went from the blueline to the forward corps, though. In that time, the 28-year-old earned the respect of Jeremy Roenick, who raved about Burns’ work in the video below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Joe Thornton managed his 500th assist as a member of the Sharks on that T.J. Galiardi goal. That and Raffi Torres‘ unlikely shootout winner added up to a memorable 3-2 shootout win against the Los Angeles Kings on Tuesday night. Check out the highlights:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
* OK, this photo still ranks among his greatest (or really anyone’s greatest) accomplishments:
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 0
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53