Apr 17, 2013, 2:30 AM EDT
Before the San Jose Sharks decided to move Brent Burns back to his original position as a forward, it seemed like his greatest contribution to the 2013 season would be his incredible caveman team photo.
Many believe that he’s been the difference-maker since he went from the blueline to the forward corps, though. In that time, the 28-year-old earned the respect of Jeremy Roenick, who raved about Burns’ work in the video below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Joe Thornton managed his 500th assist as a member of the Sharks on that T.J. Galiardi goal. That and Raffi Torres‘ unlikely shootout winner added up to a memorable 3-2 shootout win against the Los Angeles Kings on Tuesday night. Check out the highlights:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
* OK, this photo still ranks among his greatest (or really anyone’s greatest) accomplishments:
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (97)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)