Apr 17, 2013, 2:30 AM EDT
Before the San Jose Sharks decided to move Brent Burns back to his original position as a forward, it seemed like his greatest contribution to the 2013 season would be his incredible caveman team photo.
Many believe that he’s been the difference-maker since he went from the blueline to the forward corps, though. In that time, the 28-year-old earned the respect of Jeremy Roenick, who raved about Burns’ work in the video below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Joe Thornton managed his 500th assist as a member of the Sharks on that T.J. Galiardi goal. That and Raffi Torres‘ unlikely shootout winner added up to a memorable 3-2 shootout win against the Los Angeles Kings on Tuesday night. Check out the highlights:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
* OK, this photo still ranks among his greatest (or really anyone’s greatest) accomplishments:
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 70
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 33
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)