Apr 17, 2013, 2:30 AM EDT
Before the San Jose Sharks decided to move Brent Burns back to his original position as a forward, it seemed like his greatest contribution to the 2013 season would be his incredible caveman team photo.
Many believe that he’s been the difference-maker since he went from the blueline to the forward corps, though. In that time, the 28-year-old earned the respect of Jeremy Roenick, who raved about Burns’ work in the video below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Joe Thornton managed his 500th assist as a member of the Sharks on that T.J. Galiardi goal. That and Raffi Torres‘ unlikely shootout winner added up to a memorable 3-2 shootout win against the Los Angeles Kings on Tuesday night. Check out the highlights:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
* OK, this photo still ranks among his greatest (or really anyone’s greatest) accomplishments:
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 9
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 1
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 26
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 35
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)