Apr 17, 2013, 2:30 AM EST
Before the San Jose Sharks decided to move Brent Burns back to his original position as a forward, it seemed like his greatest contribution to the 2013 season would be his incredible caveman team photo.
Many believe that he’s been the difference-maker since he went from the blueline to the forward corps, though. In that time, the 28-year-old earned the respect of Jeremy Roenick, who raved about Burns’ work in the video below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Joe Thornton managed his 500th assist as a member of the Sharks on that T.J. Galiardi goal. That and Raffi Torres‘ unlikely shootout winner added up to a memorable 3-2 shootout win against the Los Angeles Kings on Tuesday night. Check out the highlights:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
* OK, this photo still ranks among his greatest (or really anyone’s greatest) accomplishments:
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 4
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 9
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 24
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11