Apr 17, 2013, 9:01 AM EDT
The St. Louis Blues had a lot of trouble getting past Vancouver Canucks goaltender Cory Schneider last night, but Jay Bouwmeester managed to get the better of him with just 9:10 remaining in regulation time:
That goal forced the game to overtime and led to St. Louis’ 2-1 shootout victory. Those were two critical points for the Blues in their battle for a playoff spot and that probably has extra meaning for Bouwmeester. The 29-year-old blueliner has played in 758 career games, but has never been to the playoffs.
This was also Blues coach Ken Hitchcock’s 600th career win, although he tried to downplay the milestone.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 8
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 21
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40