Apr 17, 2013, 9:01 AM EST
The St. Louis Blues had a lot of trouble getting past Vancouver Canucks goaltender Cory Schneider last night, but Jay Bouwmeester managed to get the better of him with just 9:10 remaining in regulation time:
That goal forced the game to overtime and led to St. Louis’ 2-1 shootout victory. Those were two critical points for the Blues in their battle for a playoff spot and that probably has extra meaning for Bouwmeester. The 29-year-old blueliner has played in 758 career games, but has never been to the playoffs.
This was also Blues coach Ken Hitchcock’s 600th career win, although he tried to downplay the milestone.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 0
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11