Apr 17, 2013, 5:22 PM EDT
With the playoffs back in the Jets’ grasp, Winnipeg captain Andrew Ladd is being driven by the prospect of stepping out onto MTS Centre ice and getting blinded by the white.
“The whiteout is the most appealing thing, and being a part of where that all started would be, for me, something that would be pretty cool to play in front of,” Ladd said Wednesday, per the Canadian Press.
This is what Ladd’s talking about:
The Winnipeg Whiteout started in the ’80s (inspired by Calgary’s “C of Red”) and migrated to Phoenix when the old Jets franchise moved to the desert in the ’90s.
We looked at the playoff race between the Jets, Rangers and Islanders this morning.
Winnipeg’s next game is Thursday at home to Carolina.
The Jets have won four straight after a five-game losing skid.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)