Apr 17, 2013, 5:22 PM EST
With the playoffs back in the Jets’ grasp, Winnipeg captain Andrew Ladd is being driven by the prospect of stepping out onto MTS Centre ice and getting blinded by the white.
“The whiteout is the most appealing thing, and being a part of where that all started would be, for me, something that would be pretty cool to play in front of,” Ladd said Wednesday, per the Canadian Press.
This is what Ladd’s talking about:
The Winnipeg Whiteout started in the ’80s (inspired by Calgary’s “C of Red”) and migrated to Phoenix when the old Jets franchise moved to the desert in the ’90s.
We looked at the playoff race between the Jets, Rangers and Islanders this morning.
Winnipeg’s next game is Thursday at home to Carolina.
The Jets have won four straight after a five-game losing skid.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 29
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)