Apr 17, 2013, 5:22 PM EDT
With the playoffs back in the Jets’ grasp, Winnipeg captain Andrew Ladd is being driven by the prospect of stepping out onto MTS Centre ice and getting blinded by the white.
“The whiteout is the most appealing thing, and being a part of where that all started would be, for me, something that would be pretty cool to play in front of,” Ladd said Wednesday, per the Canadian Press.
This is what Ladd’s talking about:
The Winnipeg Whiteout started in the ’80s (inspired by Calgary’s “C of Red”) and migrated to Phoenix when the old Jets franchise moved to the desert in the ’90s.
We looked at the playoff race between the Jets, Rangers and Islanders this morning.
Winnipeg’s next game is Thursday at home to Carolina.
The Jets have won four straight after a five-game losing skid.
- BREAKING: Kessel traded to the Penguins 34
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 26
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 5
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 5
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 12
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 63
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 25
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 91
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 19
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (91)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)