Apr 17, 2013, 5:22 PM EST
With the playoffs back in the Jets’ grasp, Winnipeg captain Andrew Ladd is being driven by the prospect of stepping out onto MTS Centre ice and getting blinded by the white.
“The whiteout is the most appealing thing, and being a part of where that all started would be, for me, something that would be pretty cool to play in front of,” Ladd said Wednesday, per the Canadian Press.
This is what Ladd’s talking about:
The Winnipeg Whiteout started in the ’80s (inspired by Calgary’s “C of Red”) and migrated to Phoenix when the old Jets franchise moved to the desert in the ’90s.
We looked at the playoff race between the Jets, Rangers and Islanders this morning.
Winnipeg’s next game is Thursday at home to Carolina.
The Jets have won four straight after a five-game losing skid.
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 2
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 30
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 96
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 16
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 7
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 11
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (96)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)