Apr 17, 2013, 3:31 PM EDT
“As White approaches Huskins, his timing and his route are off,” explained NHL discipline czar Brendan Shanahan. “Instead of making a legal, full bodycheck, he recklessly picks Huskins’ head with his shoulder, making it the principal point of contact.”
Here’s the video ruling:
White, 25, was tossed from the contest and offered an in-person disciplinary hearing for the hit. The Flyers later reported that Huskins suffered a concussion on the play.
White will miss Montreal’s games against Pittsburgh (Apr. 17), Tampa Bay (Apr. 18), Washington (Apr. 20), New Jersey (Apr.23) and Winnipeg (Apr. 25), eligible to return for the regular-season finale against Toronto on Apr. 27.
He will also forfeit $18,581.10 in salary to the Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 9
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20