Apr 17, 2013, 3:31 PM EDT
“As White approaches Huskins, his timing and his route are off,” explained NHL discipline czar Brendan Shanahan. “Instead of making a legal, full bodycheck, he recklessly picks Huskins’ head with his shoulder, making it the principal point of contact.”
Here’s the video ruling:
White, 25, was tossed from the contest and offered an in-person disciplinary hearing for the hit. The Flyers later reported that Huskins suffered a concussion on the play.
White will miss Montreal’s games against Pittsburgh (Apr. 17), Tampa Bay (Apr. 18), Washington (Apr. 20), New Jersey (Apr.23) and Winnipeg (Apr. 25), eligible to return for the regular-season finale against Toronto on Apr. 27.
He will also forfeit $18,581.10 in salary to the Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 5
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 35
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 11
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 23
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)