Apr 17, 2013, 3:31 PM EST
“As White approaches Huskins, his timing and his route are off,” explained NHL discipline czar Brendan Shanahan. “Instead of making a legal, full bodycheck, he recklessly picks Huskins’ head with his shoulder, making it the principal point of contact.”
Here’s the video ruling:
White, 25, was tossed from the contest and offered an in-person disciplinary hearing for the hit. The Flyers later reported that Huskins suffered a concussion on the play.
White will miss Montreal’s games against Pittsburgh (Apr. 17), Tampa Bay (Apr. 18), Washington (Apr. 20), New Jersey (Apr.23) and Winnipeg (Apr. 25), eligible to return for the regular-season finale against Toronto on Apr. 27.
He will also forfeit $18,581.10 in salary to the Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 30
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 3
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 12
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 24
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 51
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)