Apr 17, 2013, 3:31 PM EDT
“As White approaches Huskins, his timing and his route are off,” explained NHL discipline czar Brendan Shanahan. “Instead of making a legal, full bodycheck, he recklessly picks Huskins’ head with his shoulder, making it the principal point of contact.”
Here’s the video ruling:
White, 25, was tossed from the contest and offered an in-person disciplinary hearing for the hit. The Flyers later reported that Huskins suffered a concussion on the play.
White will miss Montreal’s games against Pittsburgh (Apr. 17), Tampa Bay (Apr. 18), Washington (Apr. 20), New Jersey (Apr.23) and Winnipeg (Apr. 25), eligible to return for the regular-season finale against Toronto on Apr. 27.
He will also forfeit $18,581.10 in salary to the Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5