Apr 17, 2013, 3:31 PM EST
“As White approaches Huskins, his timing and his route are off,” explained NHL discipline czar Brendan Shanahan. “Instead of making a legal, full bodycheck, he recklessly picks Huskins’ head with his shoulder, making it the principal point of contact.”
Here’s the video ruling:
White, 25, was tossed from the contest and offered an in-person disciplinary hearing for the hit. The Flyers later reported that Huskins suffered a concussion on the play.
White will miss Montreal’s games against Pittsburgh (Apr. 17), Tampa Bay (Apr. 18), Washington (Apr. 20), New Jersey (Apr.23) and Winnipeg (Apr. 25), eligible to return for the regular-season finale against Toronto on Apr. 27.
He will also forfeit $18,581.10 in salary to the Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund.
- Martin Jones gets another shutout, remains undefeated 5
- Video: Tom Wilson gets tossed for charging Brayden Schenn 43
- Video: Kyle Quincey ejected for boarding Ryan Getzlaf 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Third time’s the charm for Flyers vs Capitals? 8
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head 71
- Potter suspended two games for boarding Bonino 3
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension 107
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver 100
- Pittsburgh’s special teams have been pretty good; Florida’s not so much 3
- Flyers blow 4-1 lead, Caps win in shootout 25
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Bylsma: Neal needs to learn from Marchand hit (114)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (100)