Apr 17, 2013, 5:59 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers agreed to contract extensions with tough guys Zac Rinaldo and Jay Rosehill on Wednesday, the club announced.
Rinaldo, 22, was Philly’s sixth-round pick (178th overall) at the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.
He debuted for the Flyers in 2011-12, scoring 2G-7A-9PTS while racking up 232 penalty minutes, second-most in the NHL.
This season, Rinaldo has 3G-2A-5PTS in 32 games, but is currently out with a high ankle sprain.
Of note, Rinaldo has fought 20 times in 98 career NHL contests.
Rosehill, 27, was acquired in March from Anaheim in exchange for Harry Zolnierczyk.
He never played for the Ducks — spending all his time with AHL Norfolk — but has worked his way into the Flyers lineup, appearing in seven games thus far while scoring one goal and racking up 47 PIM.
Of note, Rosehill has fought 21 times in 79 career NHL contests.
Update: According to CSN Philly’s Tim Panaccio, Rinaldo’s is a two-year, $1.35 million deal while Rosehill’s is a two-year, $1.5 million deal.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 11
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)