Apr 17, 2013, 5:59 PM EST
The Philadelphia Flyers agreed to contract extensions with tough guys Zac Rinaldo and Jay Rosehill on Wednesday, the club announced.
Rinaldo, 22, was Philly’s sixth-round pick (178th overall) at the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.
He debuted for the Flyers in 2011-12, scoring 2G-7A-9PTS while racking up 232 penalty minutes, second-most in the NHL.
This season, Rinaldo has 3G-2A-5PTS in 32 games, but is currently out with a high ankle sprain.
Of note, Rinaldo has fought 20 times in 98 career NHL contests.
Rosehill, 27, was acquired in March from Anaheim in exchange for Harry Zolnierczyk.
He never played for the Ducks — spending all his time with AHL Norfolk — but has worked his way into the Flyers lineup, appearing in seven games thus far while scoring one goal and racking up 47 PIM.
Of note, Rosehill has fought 21 times in 79 career NHL contests.
Update: According to CSN Philly’s Tim Panaccio, Rinaldo’s is a two-year, $1.35 million deal while Rosehill’s is a two-year, $1.5 million deal.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)