Apr 17, 2013, 5:59 PM EST
The Philadelphia Flyers agreed to contract extensions with tough guys Zac Rinaldo and Jay Rosehill on Wednesday, the club announced.
Rinaldo, 22, was Philly’s sixth-round pick (178th overall) at the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.
He debuted for the Flyers in 2011-12, scoring 2G-7A-9PTS while racking up 232 penalty minutes, second-most in the NHL.
This season, Rinaldo has 3G-2A-5PTS in 32 games, but is currently out with a high ankle sprain.
Of note, Rinaldo has fought 20 times in 98 career NHL contests.
Rosehill, 27, was acquired in March from Anaheim in exchange for Harry Zolnierczyk.
He never played for the Ducks — spending all his time with AHL Norfolk — but has worked his way into the Flyers lineup, appearing in seven games thus far while scoring one goal and racking up 47 PIM.
Of note, Rosehill has fought 21 times in 79 career NHL contests.
Update: According to CSN Philly’s Tim Panaccio, Rinaldo’s is a two-year, $1.35 million deal while Rosehill’s is a two-year, $1.5 million deal.
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 16
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 5
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 14
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 31
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 17
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 99
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)