Apr 17, 2013, 5:59 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers agreed to contract extensions with tough guys Zac Rinaldo and Jay Rosehill on Wednesday, the club announced.
Rinaldo, 22, was Philly’s sixth-round pick (178th overall) at the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.
He debuted for the Flyers in 2011-12, scoring 2G-7A-9PTS while racking up 232 penalty minutes, second-most in the NHL.
This season, Rinaldo has 3G-2A-5PTS in 32 games, but is currently out with a high ankle sprain.
Of note, Rinaldo has fought 20 times in 98 career NHL contests.
Rosehill, 27, was acquired in March from Anaheim in exchange for Harry Zolnierczyk.
He never played for the Ducks — spending all his time with AHL Norfolk — but has worked his way into the Flyers lineup, appearing in seven games thus far while scoring one goal and racking up 47 PIM.
Of note, Rosehill has fought 21 times in 79 career NHL contests.
Update: According to CSN Philly’s Tim Panaccio, Rinaldo’s is a two-year, $1.35 million deal while Rosehill’s is a two-year, $1.5 million deal.
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 20
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 42
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 18
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 60
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 31
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 44
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)