Apr 17, 2013, 5:59 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers agreed to contract extensions with tough guys Zac Rinaldo and Jay Rosehill on Wednesday, the club announced.
Rinaldo, 22, was Philly’s sixth-round pick (178th overall) at the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.
He debuted for the Flyers in 2011-12, scoring 2G-7A-9PTS while racking up 232 penalty minutes, second-most in the NHL.
This season, Rinaldo has 3G-2A-5PTS in 32 games, but is currently out with a high ankle sprain.
Of note, Rinaldo has fought 20 times in 98 career NHL contests.
Rosehill, 27, was acquired in March from Anaheim in exchange for Harry Zolnierczyk.
He never played for the Ducks — spending all his time with AHL Norfolk — but has worked his way into the Flyers lineup, appearing in seven games thus far while scoring one goal and racking up 47 PIM.
Of note, Rosehill has fought 21 times in 79 career NHL contests.
Update: According to CSN Philly’s Tim Panaccio, Rinaldo’s is a two-year, $1.35 million deal while Rosehill’s is a two-year, $1.5 million deal.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 22
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 21
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 33
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)