Apr 17, 2013, 1:25 PM EST
The Bruins will get a big lift tonight in their first game since the Boston Marathon tragedy.
Bergeron, the league’s reigning Selke winner, hasn’t played since taking a Colin Greening hit in a 3-2 win over Ottawa on Apr. 2.
Marchand, Boston’s leading scorer, hasn’t played since taking an elbow from Anton Volchenkov in a 5-4 win over New Jersey on Apr. 10.
Redden, acquired at the Apr. 3 trade deadline, hasn’t played since appearing for the Blues in a loss to Los Angeles on Mar. 28.
The 35-year-old veteran was picked up mostly for insurance purposes, but will look to spark some puck movement on defense and possibly get a spin on the power play, where the Bruins are just 3-for-30 over the last 15 games.
The only Bruin not making a lineup splash tonight is Swedish import Carl Soderberg.
The 27-year-old did practice with the B’s on Wednesday but won’t make his Boston debut until Friday at the earliest (when they host the Penguins).
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 1
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 40
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (40)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)