Apr 16, 2013, 7:55 PM EDT
EA Sports’ NHL video game series serves hockey fans as many sports titles do: they allow you to feel like a player, coach or GM (with significantly lower chances of getting fired or suffering a concussion).
With new consoles seemingly on their way, some might consider NHL 14 to be the last hockey title of “this generation.” The software giant provided some early details this week, including this trailer:
(Warning: enjoyment may vary depending upon your music taste.)
As you may notice, the game is slated to come out on Sept. 10, 2013.
EA Sports’ first look provides some interesting details, including the fact that the game’s fighting engine will be based on the popular “Fight Night” boxing series. To many, brawling in hockey games just hasn’t been the same since the days of “Blades of Steel,” so this could be a welcome change for fake pugilists.
Now, if they’d just add some icon passing, some of us would finally be content …
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 0
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- The King is back: Lundqvist starts for Rangers Saturday 7
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 58
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)