Apr 16, 2013, 7:55 PM EST
EA Sports’ NHL video game series serves hockey fans as many sports titles do: they allow you to feel like a player, coach or GM (with significantly lower chances of getting fired or suffering a concussion).
With new consoles seemingly on their way, some might consider NHL 14 to be the last hockey title of “this generation.” The software giant provided some early details this week, including this trailer:
(Warning: enjoyment may vary depending upon your music taste.)
As you may notice, the game is slated to come out on Sept. 10, 2013.
EA Sports’ first look provides some interesting details, including the fact that the game’s fighting engine will be based on the popular “Fight Night” boxing series. To many, brawling in hockey games just hasn’t been the same since the days of “Blades of Steel,” so this could be a welcome change for fake pugilists.
Now, if they’d just add some icon passing, some of us would finally be content …
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 11
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 29
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 15
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 27
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 11
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 46
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 44
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 14
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 64
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 45
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (168)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)