Apr 16, 2013, 7:55 PM EDT
EA Sports’ NHL video game series serves hockey fans as many sports titles do: they allow you to feel like a player, coach or GM (with significantly lower chances of getting fired or suffering a concussion).
With new consoles seemingly on their way, some might consider NHL 14 to be the last hockey title of “this generation.” The software giant provided some early details this week, including this trailer:
(Warning: enjoyment may vary depending upon your music taste.)
As you may notice, the game is slated to come out on Sept. 10, 2013.
EA Sports’ first look provides some interesting details, including the fact that the game’s fighting engine will be based on the popular “Fight Night” boxing series. To many, brawling in hockey games just hasn’t been the same since the days of “Blades of Steel,” so this could be a welcome change for fake pugilists.
Now, if they’d just add some icon passing, some of us would finally be content …
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 11
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)