Apr 16, 2013, 7:25 AM EDT
Former Oilers GM Steve Tambellini collected an impressive core of young skilled forwards for Edmonton, but he was unable to build a winning team around them. The Oilers will miss the playoffs for the seventh straight season and need to bolster both their defense and bottom-six forwards before they will be a serious contender.
With that in mind, what will Craig “man of action” MacTavish do this summer?
This edition of PHT Extra was filmed yesterday and then postponed until today.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)