Apr 16, 2013, 10:27 PM EST
Edmonton Oilers stars are developing a habit of leaving Minnesota Wild players banged up.
First, it was Taylor Hall who received a two-game suspension for his questionable hit on Cal Clutterbuck in late March. Tuesday provided an even more surprising sight as Jordan Eberle left Jared Spurgeon a little dazed thanks to this check:
Spurgeon seemed like he was caught off guard, which likely factored into the situation. Eberle received a two-minute boarding minor for that check.
We’ll see if that’s the only punishment for the 22-year-old forward.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 9
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 40
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 35
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32