Apr 16, 2013, 10:27 PM EST
Edmonton Oilers stars are developing a habit of leaving Minnesota Wild players banged up.
First, it was Taylor Hall who received a two-game suspension for his questionable hit on Cal Clutterbuck in late March. Tuesday provided an even more surprising sight as Jordan Eberle left Jared Spurgeon a little dazed thanks to this check:
Spurgeon seemed like he was caught off guard, which likely factored into the situation. Eberle received a two-minute boarding minor for that check.
We’ll see if that’s the only punishment for the 22-year-old forward.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 0
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 20
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 40
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)