Apr 16, 2013, 10:27 PM EDT
Edmonton Oilers stars are developing a habit of leaving Minnesota Wild players banged up.
First, it was Taylor Hall who received a two-game suspension for his questionable hit on Cal Clutterbuck in late March. Tuesday provided an even more surprising sight as Jordan Eberle left Jared Spurgeon a little dazed thanks to this check:
Spurgeon seemed like he was caught off guard, which likely factored into the situation. Eberle received a two-minute boarding minor for that check.
We’ll see if that’s the only punishment for the 22-year-old forward.
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 4
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Comedian Will Arnett at Leafs practice 8
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)