Apr 16, 2013, 10:27 PM EDT
Edmonton Oilers stars are developing a habit of leaving Minnesota Wild players banged up.
First, it was Taylor Hall who received a two-game suspension for his questionable hit on Cal Clutterbuck in late March. Tuesday provided an even more surprising sight as Jordan Eberle left Jared Spurgeon a little dazed thanks to this check:
Spurgeon seemed like he was caught off guard, which likely factored into the situation. Eberle received a two-minute boarding minor for that check.
We’ll see if that’s the only punishment for the 22-year-old forward.
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 28
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 6
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3