Apr 16, 2013, 10:27 PM EDT
Edmonton Oilers stars are developing a habit of leaving Minnesota Wild players banged up.
First, it was Taylor Hall who received a two-game suspension for his questionable hit on Cal Clutterbuck in late March. Tuesday provided an even more surprising sight as Jordan Eberle left Jared Spurgeon a little dazed thanks to this check:
Spurgeon seemed like he was caught off guard, which likely factored into the situation. Eberle received a two-minute boarding minor for that check.
We’ll see if that’s the only punishment for the 22-year-old forward.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)