Apr 16, 2013, 11:45 AM EDT
The San Jose Sharks are finally ready to use one of their trade deadline acquisitions.
But on Monday, San Jose activated him from injured reserve and he took part in the the pregame skate, suggesting his official return to the Bay Area is near.
The Sharks’ first-round pick (23rd overall) at the 1997 NHL Entry Draft, Hannan spent eight seasons in San Jose before signing with Colorado in 2007.
This season he appeared in 29 games for the Preds before getting dealt, notching one point while averaging just under 20 minutes per game.
The 34-year-old hasn’t played a game since getting injured on Mar. 17 against Edmonton.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5