Apr 16, 2013, 11:45 AM EDT
The San Jose Sharks are finally ready to use one of their trade deadline acquisitions.
But on Monday, San Jose activated him from injured reserve and he took part in the the pregame skate, suggesting his official return to the Bay Area is near.
The Sharks’ first-round pick (23rd overall) at the 1997 NHL Entry Draft, Hannan spent eight seasons in San Jose before signing with Colorado in 2007.
This season he appeared in 29 games for the Preds before getting dealt, notching one point while averaging just under 20 minutes per game.
The 34-year-old hasn’t played a game since getting injured on Mar. 17 against Edmonton.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 6
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 23
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)