Apr 16, 2013, 11:45 AM EDT
The San Jose Sharks are finally ready to use one of their trade deadline acquisitions.
But on Monday, San Jose activated him from injured reserve and he took part in the the pregame skate, suggesting his official return to the Bay Area is near.
The Sharks’ first-round pick (23rd overall) at the 1997 NHL Entry Draft, Hannan spent eight seasons in San Jose before signing with Colorado in 2007.
This season he appeared in 29 games for the Preds before getting dealt, notching one point while averaging just under 20 minutes per game.
The 34-year-old hasn’t played a game since getting injured on Mar. 17 against Edmonton.
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 6
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 97
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 12
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 3
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 20
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 22
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 17
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (99)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)