Apr 16, 2013, 11:45 AM EST
The San Jose Sharks are finally ready to use one of their trade deadline acquisitions.
But on Monday, San Jose activated him from injured reserve and he took part in the the pregame skate, suggesting his official return to the Bay Area is near.
The Sharks’ first-round pick (23rd overall) at the 1997 NHL Entry Draft, Hannan spent eight seasons in San Jose before signing with Colorado in 2007.
This season he appeared in 29 games for the Preds before getting dealt, notching one point while averaging just under 20 minutes per game.
The 34-year-old hasn’t played a game since getting injured on Mar. 17 against Edmonton.
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 0
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 12
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 14
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14