Apr 16, 2013, 11:45 AM EDT
The San Jose Sharks are finally ready to use one of their trade deadline acquisitions.
But on Monday, San Jose activated him from injured reserve and he took part in the the pregame skate, suggesting his official return to the Bay Area is near.
The Sharks’ first-round pick (23rd overall) at the 1997 NHL Entry Draft, Hannan spent eight seasons in San Jose before signing with Colorado in 2007.
This season he appeared in 29 games for the Preds before getting dealt, notching one point while averaging just under 20 minutes per game.
The 34-year-old hasn’t played a game since getting injured on Mar. 17 against Edmonton.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6