Apr 16, 2013, 2:28 PM EDT
Such a meeting opens the door for a suspension that could exceed six games. As McKenzie points out, that doesn’t guarantee that the league will dole out such a hefty penalty; Brendan Shanahan & Co. might opt for zero supplementary discipline altogether.
Still, the signs are pointing in a direction that must make the 25-year-old a bit nervous. When it comes to controversial hits, the NHL tends to factor the recipient’s condition quite a bit, so Huskins’ concussion diagnosis is bad news for both parties. A planned in-person meeting makes the situation that much more ominous.
Even if he avoids a substantial punishment, the Montreal Gazette’s Dave Stubbs believes that the outcome will be adverse for White.
— Dave Stubbs (@Dave_Stubbs) April 16, 2013
Here’s another look at the hit.
Update: According to RDS’ Renaud Lavoie, White has accepted his in-person hearing and will travel to New York to attend. It’s currently scheduled for 10 a.m. ET on Wednesday.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 9
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 5
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 27
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 76
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)