Apr 16, 2013, 2:28 PM EDT
Such a meeting opens the door for a suspension that could exceed six games. As McKenzie points out, that doesn’t guarantee that the league will dole out such a hefty penalty; Brendan Shanahan & Co. might opt for zero supplementary discipline altogether.
Still, the signs are pointing in a direction that must make the 25-year-old a bit nervous. When it comes to controversial hits, the NHL tends to factor the recipient’s condition quite a bit, so Huskins’ concussion diagnosis is bad news for both parties. A planned in-person meeting makes the situation that much more ominous.
Even if he avoids a substantial punishment, the Montreal Gazette’s Dave Stubbs believes that the outcome will be adverse for White.
— Dave Stubbs (@Dave_Stubbs) April 16, 2013
Here’s another look at the hit.
Update: According to RDS’ Renaud Lavoie, White has accepted his in-person hearing and will travel to New York to attend. It’s currently scheduled for 10 a.m. ET on Wednesday.
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 14
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 15
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 37
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)