Apr 16, 2013, 2:28 PM EST
Such a meeting opens the door for a suspension that could exceed six games. As McKenzie points out, that doesn’t guarantee that the league will dole out such a hefty penalty; Brendan Shanahan & Co. might opt for zero supplementary discipline altogether.
Still, the signs are pointing in a direction that must make the 25-year-old a bit nervous. When it comes to controversial hits, the NHL tends to factor the recipient’s condition quite a bit, so Huskins’ concussion diagnosis is bad news for both parties. A planned in-person meeting makes the situation that much more ominous.
Even if he avoids a substantial punishment, the Montreal Gazette’s Dave Stubbs believes that the outcome will be adverse for White.
— Dave Stubbs (@Dave_Stubbs) April 16, 2013
Here’s another look at the hit.
Update: According to RDS’ Renaud Lavoie, White has accepted his in-person hearing and will travel to New York to attend. It’s currently scheduled for 10 a.m. ET on Wednesday.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 41
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 117
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (120)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)