Apr 16, 2013, 2:28 PM EDT
Such a meeting opens the door for a suspension that could exceed six games. As McKenzie points out, that doesn’t guarantee that the league will dole out such a hefty penalty; Brendan Shanahan & Co. might opt for zero supplementary discipline altogether.
Still, the signs are pointing in a direction that must make the 25-year-old a bit nervous. When it comes to controversial hits, the NHL tends to factor the recipient’s condition quite a bit, so Huskins’ concussion diagnosis is bad news for both parties. A planned in-person meeting makes the situation that much more ominous.
Even if he avoids a substantial punishment, the Montreal Gazette’s Dave Stubbs believes that the outcome will be adverse for White.
— Dave Stubbs (@Dave_Stubbs) April 16, 2013
Here’s another look at the hit.
Update: According to RDS’ Renaud Lavoie, White has accepted his in-person hearing and will travel to New York to attend. It’s currently scheduled for 10 a.m. ET on Wednesday.
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 0
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 102
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 88
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 19
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (102)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (88)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)