Apr 16, 2013, 2:28 PM EST
Such a meeting opens the door for a suspension that could exceed six games. As McKenzie points out, that doesn’t guarantee that the league will dole out such a hefty penalty; Brendan Shanahan & Co. might opt for zero supplementary discipline altogether.
Still, the signs are pointing in a direction that must make the 25-year-old a bit nervous. When it comes to controversial hits, the NHL tends to factor the recipient’s condition quite a bit, so Huskins’ concussion diagnosis is bad news for both parties. A planned in-person meeting makes the situation that much more ominous.
Even if he avoids a substantial punishment, the Montreal Gazette’s Dave Stubbs believes that the outcome will be adverse for White.
— Dave Stubbs (@Dave_Stubbs) April 16, 2013
Here’s another look at the hit.
Update: According to RDS’ Renaud Lavoie, White has accepted his in-person hearing and will travel to New York to attend. It’s currently scheduled for 10 a.m. ET on Wednesday.
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 4
- Wounded Wing: Howard (MCL sprain) out 2-4 weeks 2
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 67
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 28
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 46
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 22
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 86
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)