Apr 16, 2013, 9:37 PM EDT
It’s been a lousy season for big New York Rangers forward Brian Boyle, who left Tuesday’s game against the Philadelphia Flyers with a lower-body injury and won’t return. The Bergen Record’s Andrew Gross thinks that it’s a right leg issue.
The 28-year-old has already missed some time this season, but it was because his poor play prompted a few healthy scratches (that didn’t leave him very happy).
After scoring 21 goals and 35 points in his breakout 2010-11 season and playing reasonably well last season (26 points), Boyle has just five points and a -13 rating in 37 games in 2013.
The top-heavy Rangers could use Boyle’s large presence to fill out their lineup, but he’s been as invisible as a 6-foot-7 forward can be for much of this campaign. Now this injury might just force him out of the mix.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)