Apr 16, 2013, 9:37 PM EDT
It’s been a lousy season for big New York Rangers forward Brian Boyle, who left Tuesday’s game against the Philadelphia Flyers with a lower-body injury and won’t return. The Bergen Record’s Andrew Gross thinks that it’s a right leg issue.
The 28-year-old has already missed some time this season, but it was because his poor play prompted a few healthy scratches (that didn’t leave him very happy).
After scoring 21 goals and 35 points in his breakout 2010-11 season and playing reasonably well last season (26 points), Boyle has just five points and a -13 rating in 37 games in 2013.
The top-heavy Rangers could use Boyle’s large presence to fill out their lineup, but he’s been as invisible as a 6-foot-7 forward can be for much of this campaign. Now this injury might just force him out of the mix.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 16
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 38
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 33
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21