Apr 16, 2013, 12:59 PM EDT
With just five goals in their last five games, it’s safe to say the St. Louis Blues are missing TJ Oshie.
But Oshie won’t play again tonight when the Blues host Vancouver, and it’s not clear when he’ll be able to return from an injured ankle that’s kept him out of the lineup since March 28.
True Hockey’s Andy Strickland is “hearing” that the 26-year-old forward required a procedure that “will keep him out for at least a few more days.”
The procedure may have required a screw to fix Oshie’s ankle, according to Strickland.
In search of some offense, Blues head coach Ken Hitchcock has picked tonight for 20-year-old forward Dmitrij Jaskin to make his NHL debut.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 11
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)