Apr 16, 2013, 12:59 PM EST
With just five goals in their last five games, it’s safe to say the St. Louis Blues are missing TJ Oshie.
But Oshie won’t play again tonight when the Blues host Vancouver, and it’s not clear when he’ll be able to return from an injured ankle that’s kept him out of the lineup since March 28.
True Hockey’s Andy Strickland is “hearing” that the 26-year-old forward required a procedure that “will keep him out for at least a few more days.”
The procedure may have required a screw to fix Oshie’s ankle, according to Strickland.
In search of some offense, Blues head coach Ken Hitchcock has picked tonight for 20-year-old forward Dmitrij Jaskin to make his NHL debut.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)