Apr 16, 2013, 12:59 PM EDT
With just five goals in their last five games, it’s safe to say the St. Louis Blues are missing TJ Oshie.
But Oshie won’t play again tonight when the Blues host Vancouver, and it’s not clear when he’ll be able to return from an injured ankle that’s kept him out of the lineup since March 28.
True Hockey’s Andy Strickland is “hearing” that the 26-year-old forward required a procedure that “will keep him out for at least a few more days.”
The procedure may have required a screw to fix Oshie’s ankle, according to Strickland.
In search of some offense, Blues head coach Ken Hitchcock has picked tonight for 20-year-old forward Dmitrij Jaskin to make his NHL debut.
- Wild hoping last change can help turn the tide versus Avs 0
- Wild changes: Kuemper starts, Brodziak sits, Heatley draws in 2
- No hearing scheduled for Richards after Couture spear 8
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 14
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 25
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 31
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 41
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 68
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 91
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (152)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (112)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (92)