Apr 16, 2013, 12:59 PM EDT
With just five goals in their last five games, it’s safe to say the St. Louis Blues are missing TJ Oshie.
But Oshie won’t play again tonight when the Blues host Vancouver, and it’s not clear when he’ll be able to return from an injured ankle that’s kept him out of the lineup since March 28.
True Hockey’s Andy Strickland is “hearing” that the 26-year-old forward required a procedure that “will keep him out for at least a few more days.”
The procedure may have required a screw to fix Oshie’s ankle, according to Strickland.
In search of some offense, Blues head coach Ken Hitchcock has picked tonight for 20-year-old forward Dmitrij Jaskin to make his NHL debut.
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 1
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 4
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 26
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 41
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 11
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)