Apr 16, 2013, 12:59 PM EDT
With just five goals in their last five games, it’s safe to say the St. Louis Blues are missing TJ Oshie.
But Oshie won’t play again tonight when the Blues host Vancouver, and it’s not clear when he’ll be able to return from an injured ankle that’s kept him out of the lineup since March 28.
True Hockey’s Andy Strickland is “hearing” that the 26-year-old forward required a procedure that “will keep him out for at least a few more days.”
The procedure may have required a screw to fix Oshie’s ankle, according to Strickland.
In search of some offense, Blues head coach Ken Hitchcock has picked tonight for 20-year-old forward Dmitrij Jaskin to make his NHL debut.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 33
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 11
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 34
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)