Apr 16, 2013, 6:56 PM EDT
It sounds like he’ll get a chance to rekindle the red-hot run he had with Nazem Kadri before he suffered a concussion in a game against the Philadelphia Flyers on April 4. (Nikolai Kulemin is expected to play on that line, as well.)
Lupul has been limited to just 10 games played this season, but he’s made the most of it. While he failed to score in the first three games of the season – only to suffer an injury that required forearm surgery – he exploded upon his return, scoring 14 points in seven games.
To put it mildly, it won’t be easy for him to approach that blistering pace. The Buds are just glad to get him back, though.
- WATCH LIVE: Kings at Blackhawks 0
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 1
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7