Apr 16, 2013, 3:19 PM EST
Philadelphia’s defense got a couple of reinforcements today, as youngsters Matt Konan, 21, and Brandon Manning, 22, were recalled from AHL Adirondack and could play tonight when the Flyers host the Rangers.
Bruno Gervais reportedly is banged up, although the club has not released any information on him. Gervais did not play at Buffalo or Montreal.
How thin has Philadelphia’s blue line become? Well, Luke Schenn played 33:25 last night against the Habs, if that gives you any indication. (And no, that game didn’t require extra time. The Flyers won it in regulation, 7-3.)
Update: “Bruno Gervais will undergo surgery on Thursday to repair a torn stomach muscle. He will be out indefinitely,” said Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren today.
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 59
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 23
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 127
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc (59)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)