Apr 16, 2013, 3:19 PM EDT
Philadelphia’s defense got a couple of reinforcements today, as youngsters Matt Konan, 21, and Brandon Manning, 22, were recalled from AHL Adirondack and could play tonight when the Flyers host the Rangers.
Bruno Gervais reportedly is banged up, although the club has not released any information on him. Gervais did not play at Buffalo or Montreal.
How thin has Philadelphia’s blue line become? Well, Luke Schenn played 33:25 last night against the Habs, if that gives you any indication. (And no, that game didn’t require extra time. The Flyers won it in regulation, 7-3.)
Update: “Bruno Gervais will undergo surgery on Thursday to repair a torn stomach muscle. He will be out indefinitely,” said Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren today.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)