Apr 16, 2013, 3:19 PM EDT
Philadelphia’s defense got a couple of reinforcements today, as youngsters Matt Konan, 21, and Brandon Manning, 22, were recalled from AHL Adirondack and could play tonight when the Flyers host the Rangers.
Bruno Gervais reportedly is banged up, although the club has not released any information on him. Gervais did not play at Buffalo or Montreal.
How thin has Philadelphia’s blue line become? Well, Luke Schenn played 33:25 last night against the Habs, if that gives you any indication. (And no, that game didn’t require extra time. The Flyers won it in regulation, 7-3.)
Update: “Bruno Gervais will undergo surgery on Thursday to repair a torn stomach muscle. He will be out indefinitely,” said Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren today.
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 7
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 7
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 23
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 40
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 34
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (40)
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal (39)