Apr 16, 2013, 3:19 PM EDT
Philadelphia’s defense got a couple of reinforcements today, as youngsters Matt Konan, 21, and Brandon Manning, 22, were recalled from AHL Adirondack and could play tonight when the Flyers host the Rangers.
Bruno Gervais reportedly is banged up, although the club has not released any information on him. Gervais did not play at Buffalo or Montreal.
How thin has Philadelphia’s blue line become? Well, Luke Schenn played 33:25 last night against the Habs, if that gives you any indication. (And no, that game didn’t require extra time. The Flyers won it in regulation, 7-3.)
Update: “Bruno Gervais will undergo surgery on Thursday to repair a torn stomach muscle. He will be out indefinitely,” said Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren today.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 15
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 14
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5