Apr 16, 2013, 8:31 PM EDT
Skinner already has a troubling history of concussion problems, so it’s worrisome that observers such as the Raleigh News & Observer’s Chip Alexander believes that he might have visited the quiet room after that check.
The 20-year-old forward already dealt with two head injuries in the last two seasons, including some issues from February. By no means is he officially dealing with a concussion from tonight’s hit, but that’s the obvious concern.
Here’s video of the check:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The blow was divisive depending upon who you asked.
Alexander wasn’t happy with the hit (or its defenders).
Cowen went after the head. Pretty cheap move. Sens fans approved of course.
— Chip Alexander (@ice_chip) April 17, 2013
Meanwhile, the Ottawa Citizen’s Allen Panzeri believes it wasn’t dirty.
Jeff Skinner’s going to be having nightmares about that Jared Cowen hit for some time. Big, clean hit, though Kirk Muller didn’t agree #sens
— Allen Panzeri (@allenpanzeri2) April 17, 2013
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)