Apr 16, 2013, 8:31 PM EDT
Skinner already has a troubling history of concussion problems, so it’s worrisome that observers such as the Raleigh News & Observer’s Chip Alexander believes that he might have visited the quiet room after that check.
The 20-year-old forward already dealt with two head injuries in the last two seasons, including some issues from February. By no means is he officially dealing with a concussion from tonight’s hit, but that’s the obvious concern.
Here’s video of the check:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The blow was divisive depending upon who you asked.
Alexander wasn’t happy with the hit (or its defenders).
Cowen went after the head. Pretty cheap move. Sens fans approved of course.
— Chip Alexander (@ice_chip) April 17, 2013
Meanwhile, the Ottawa Citizen’s Allen Panzeri believes it wasn’t dirty.
Jeff Skinner’s going to be having nightmares about that Jared Cowen hit for some time. Big, clean hit, though Kirk Muller didn’t agree #sens
— Allen Panzeri (@allenpanzeri2) April 17, 2013
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 70
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5