Apr 16, 2013, 8:31 PM EDT
Skinner already has a troubling history of concussion problems, so it’s worrisome that observers such as the Raleigh News & Observer’s Chip Alexander believes that he might have visited the quiet room after that check.
The 20-year-old forward already dealt with two head injuries in the last two seasons, including some issues from February. By no means is he officially dealing with a concussion from tonight’s hit, but that’s the obvious concern.
Here’s video of the check:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The blow was divisive depending upon who you asked.
Alexander wasn’t happy with the hit (or its defenders).
Cowen went after the head. Pretty cheap move. Sens fans approved of course.
— Chip Alexander (@ice_chip) April 17, 2013
Meanwhile, the Ottawa Citizen’s Allen Panzeri believes it wasn’t dirty.
Jeff Skinner’s going to be having nightmares about that Jared Cowen hit for some time. Big, clean hit, though Kirk Muller didn’t agree #sens
— Allen Panzeri (@allenpanzeri2) April 17, 2013
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 1
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 26
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)