Apr 16, 2013, 8:31 PM EST
Skinner already has a troubling history of concussion problems, so it’s worrisome that observers such as the Raleigh News & Observer’s Chip Alexander believes that he might have visited the quiet room after that check.
The 20-year-old forward already dealt with two head injuries in the last two seasons, including some issues from February. By no means is he officially dealing with a concussion from tonight’s hit, but that’s the obvious concern.
Here’s video of the check:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The blow was divisive depending upon who you asked.
Alexander wasn’t happy with the hit (or its defenders).
Cowen went after the head. Pretty cheap move. Sens fans approved of course.
— Chip Alexander (@ice_chip) April 17, 2013
Meanwhile, the Ottawa Citizen’s Allen Panzeri believes it wasn’t dirty.
Jeff Skinner’s going to be having nightmares about that Jared Cowen hit for some time. Big, clean hit, though Kirk Muller didn’t agree #sens
— Allen Panzeri (@allenpanzeri2) April 17, 2013
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (68)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)