Apr 16, 2013, 8:31 PM EDT
Skinner already has a troubling history of concussion problems, so it’s worrisome that observers such as the Raleigh News & Observer’s Chip Alexander believes that he might have visited the quiet room after that check.
The 20-year-old forward already dealt with two head injuries in the last two seasons, including some issues from February. By no means is he officially dealing with a concussion from tonight’s hit, but that’s the obvious concern.
Here’s video of the check:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The blow was divisive depending upon who you asked.
Alexander wasn’t happy with the hit (or its defenders).
Cowen went after the head. Pretty cheap move. Sens fans approved of course.
— Chip Alexander (@ice_chip) April 17, 2013
Meanwhile, the Ottawa Citizen’s Allen Panzeri believes it wasn’t dirty.
Jeff Skinner’s going to be having nightmares about that Jared Cowen hit for some time. Big, clean hit, though Kirk Muller didn’t agree #sens
— Allen Panzeri (@allenpanzeri2) April 17, 2013
- Report: Wild’s Harding likely out months, not weeks 0
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 9
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 38
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 17
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 7
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 59
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (60)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (46)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)