Apr 15, 2013, 8:25 PM EDT
Monday represented a chance for Ryan White to prove that he deserves more reps with the Montreal Canadiens. Instead, he might end up earning himself a suspension.
White was ejected from tonight’s game against the Philadelphia Flyers for this hit on defenseman Kent Huskins, which prompted fellow Flyers blueliner Kurtis Foster to drop the gloves with the Habs forward:
Foster received a game misconduct, fighting major and also a two-minute minor for roughing on the play. White also had a game misconduct, fighting major and a five-minute major for elbowing.
Here’s a screen capture of that blow:
Some believe that White, 25, connected with his shoulder instead of his elbow. Either way, there’s a chance he’ll hear from the NHL for this questionable hit.
Update: The odds of a suspension will probably increase because it appears that Huskins, 33, suffered a concussion from that check.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 23
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)