Apr 15, 2013, 8:25 PM EDT
Monday represented a chance for Ryan White to prove that he deserves more reps with the Montreal Canadiens. Instead, he might end up earning himself a suspension.
White was ejected from tonight’s game against the Philadelphia Flyers for this hit on defenseman Kent Huskins, which prompted fellow Flyers blueliner Kurtis Foster to drop the gloves with the Habs forward:
Foster received a game misconduct, fighting major and also a two-minute minor for roughing on the play. White also had a game misconduct, fighting major and a five-minute major for elbowing.
Here’s a screen capture of that blow:
Some believe that White, 25, connected with his shoulder instead of his elbow. Either way, there’s a chance he’ll hear from the NHL for this questionable hit.
Update: The odds of a suspension will probably increase because it appears that Huskins, 33, suffered a concussion from that check.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 0
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 8
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 4
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)