Apr 15, 2013, 8:25 PM EDT
Monday represented a chance for Ryan White to prove that he deserves more reps with the Montreal Canadiens. Instead, he might end up earning himself a suspension.
White was ejected from tonight’s game against the Philadelphia Flyers for this hit on defenseman Kent Huskins, which prompted fellow Flyers blueliner Kurtis Foster to drop the gloves with the Habs forward:
Foster received a game misconduct, fighting major and also a two-minute minor for roughing on the play. White also had a game misconduct, fighting major and a five-minute major for elbowing.
Here’s a screen capture of that blow:
Some believe that White, 25, connected with his shoulder instead of his elbow. Either way, there’s a chance he’ll hear from the NHL for this questionable hit.
Update: The odds of a suspension will probably increase because it appears that Huskins, 33, suffered a concussion from that check.
- Tortorella calls meltdown ‘a kick in the teeth’ 4
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 11
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 35
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)