Apr 15, 2013, 8:25 PM EDT
Monday represented a chance for Ryan White to prove that he deserves more reps with the Montreal Canadiens. Instead, he might end up earning himself a suspension.
White was ejected from tonight’s game against the Philadelphia Flyers for this hit on defenseman Kent Huskins, which prompted fellow Flyers blueliner Kurtis Foster to drop the gloves with the Habs forward:
Foster received a game misconduct, fighting major and also a two-minute minor for roughing on the play. White also had a game misconduct, fighting major and a five-minute major for elbowing.
Here’s a screen capture of that blow:
Some believe that White, 25, connected with his shoulder instead of his elbow. Either way, there’s a chance he’ll hear from the NHL for this questionable hit.
Update: The odds of a suspension will probably increase because it appears that Huskins, 33, suffered a concussion from that check.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 23
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 94
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5