Apr 15, 2013, 8:25 PM EST
Monday represented a chance for Ryan White to prove that he deserves more reps with the Montreal Canadiens. Instead, he might end up earning himself a suspension.
White was ejected from tonight’s game against the Philadelphia Flyers for this hit on defenseman Kent Huskins, which prompted fellow Flyers blueliner Kurtis Foster to drop the gloves with the Habs forward:
Foster received a game misconduct, fighting major and also a two-minute minor for roughing on the play. White also had a game misconduct, fighting major and a five-minute major for elbowing.
Here’s a screen capture of that blow:
Some believe that White, 25, connected with his shoulder instead of his elbow. Either way, there’s a chance he’ll hear from the NHL for this questionable hit.
Update: The odds of a suspension will probably increase because it appears that Huskins, 33, suffered a concussion from that check.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 4
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 7
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54