Apr 15, 2013, 9:01 AM EDT
The Minnesota Wild have lost three straight games and six of their last seven contests. They have just a two-point lead over the ninth place Dallas Stars, so a loss against the Calgary Flames tonight would be a big setback for Minnesota.
The 36-year-old forward was on the ice Sunday and is traveling with the Wild as they begin a three-game road trip tonight in Calgary. He’s been out six consecutive contests with a lower body injury.
“We’re getting to the point in the season where you have to be in there,” said Cullen. “So it was a good day to push it a little bit, see how it feels in the morning, how everything is going. But it was definitely a good day. And it’s definitely getting better.”
Prior to the injury, Cullen was one of the team’s hottest players. He had four goals and 14 points in 15 games last month. He also found some on-ice chemistry with Devin Setoguchi, who has struggled without Cullen.
Wild coach Mike Yeo suggested that Cullen and Setoguchi will likely be reunited if Cullen is healthy enough to return.
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 3
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22