Apr 15, 2013, 9:01 AM EDT
The Minnesota Wild have lost three straight games and six of their last seven contests. They have just a two-point lead over the ninth place Dallas Stars, so a loss against the Calgary Flames tonight would be a big setback for Minnesota.
The 36-year-old forward was on the ice Sunday and is traveling with the Wild as they begin a three-game road trip tonight in Calgary. He’s been out six consecutive contests with a lower body injury.
“We’re getting to the point in the season where you have to be in there,” said Cullen. “So it was a good day to push it a little bit, see how it feels in the morning, how everything is going. But it was definitely a good day. And it’s definitely getting better.”
Prior to the injury, Cullen was one of the team’s hottest players. He had four goals and 14 points in 15 games last month. He also found some on-ice chemistry with Devin Setoguchi, who has struggled without Cullen.
Wild coach Mike Yeo suggested that Cullen and Setoguchi will likely be reunited if Cullen is healthy enough to return.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 8
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 3
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 9
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 14
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)