Apr 15, 2013, 9:01 AM EDT
The Minnesota Wild have lost three straight games and six of their last seven contests. They have just a two-point lead over the ninth place Dallas Stars, so a loss against the Calgary Flames tonight would be a big setback for Minnesota.
The 36-year-old forward was on the ice Sunday and is traveling with the Wild as they begin a three-game road trip tonight in Calgary. He’s been out six consecutive contests with a lower body injury.
“We’re getting to the point in the season where you have to be in there,” said Cullen. “So it was a good day to push it a little bit, see how it feels in the morning, how everything is going. But it was definitely a good day. And it’s definitely getting better.”
Prior to the injury, Cullen was one of the team’s hottest players. He had four goals and 14 points in 15 games last month. He also found some on-ice chemistry with Devin Setoguchi, who has struggled without Cullen.
Wild coach Mike Yeo suggested that Cullen and Setoguchi will likely be reunited if Cullen is healthy enough to return.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)