Apr 15, 2013, 9:01 AM EST
The Minnesota Wild have lost three straight games and six of their last seven contests. They have just a two-point lead over the ninth place Dallas Stars, so a loss against the Calgary Flames tonight would be a big setback for Minnesota.
The 36-year-old forward was on the ice Sunday and is traveling with the Wild as they begin a three-game road trip tonight in Calgary. He’s been out six consecutive contests with a lower body injury.
“We’re getting to the point in the season where you have to be in there,” said Cullen. “So it was a good day to push it a little bit, see how it feels in the morning, how everything is going. But it was definitely a good day. And it’s definitely getting better.”
Prior to the injury, Cullen was one of the team’s hottest players. He had four goals and 14 points in 15 games last month. He also found some on-ice chemistry with Devin Setoguchi, who has struggled without Cullen.
Wild coach Mike Yeo suggested that Cullen and Setoguchi will likely be reunited if Cullen is healthy enough to return.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 9
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 40
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 35
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32