Apr 15, 2013, 9:29 PM EST
Alex Chiasson’s surprising hot streak has fallen right in line with the Dallas Stars’ unexpected surge back into the 2013 playoff picture. There’s some concern that he might fade out of view because of an injury, though.
Chiasson, 22, needed to leave Monday’s NBC Sports Network game against the Chicago Blackhawks after being hit early in the second period.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The Stars announced that he suffered an upper-body injury and is questionable to return. Some believe it might be a shoulder issue.
A serious issue would be a shame because Chiasson has enjoyed a remarkable run to begin his NHL career.
After failing to score in his league debut on April 3, Chiasson has scored six goals and one assist in his previous five games. He’s connected on an incredible 46.2 percent of his shots on goal so far.
It seems like luck might not be totally on his side if this ends up being a substantial issue, however.
Dallas had some concern that depth forward Vernon Fiddler was injured after taking a puck to the foot earlier in the game, but he returned to action on Monday, so at least they might have dodged that bullet.
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 7
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 8
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 7
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 21
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 20
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 43
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 7
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)