Apr 15, 2013, 9:29 PM EDT
Alex Chiasson’s surprising hot streak has fallen right in line with the Dallas Stars’ unexpected surge back into the 2013 playoff picture. There’s some concern that he might fade out of view because of an injury, though.
Chiasson, 22, needed to leave Monday’s NBC Sports Network game against the Chicago Blackhawks after being hit early in the second period.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The Stars announced that he suffered an upper-body injury and is questionable to return. Some believe it might be a shoulder issue.
A serious issue would be a shame because Chiasson has enjoyed a remarkable run to begin his NHL career.
After failing to score in his league debut on April 3, Chiasson has scored six goals and one assist in his previous five games. He’s connected on an incredible 46.2 percent of his shots on goal so far.
It seems like luck might not be totally on his side if this ends up being a substantial issue, however.
Dallas had some concern that depth forward Vernon Fiddler was injured after taking a puck to the foot earlier in the game, but he returned to action on Monday, so at least they might have dodged that bullet.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38