Apr 15, 2013, 9:29 PM EDT
Alex Chiasson’s surprising hot streak has fallen right in line with the Dallas Stars’ unexpected surge back into the 2013 playoff picture. There’s some concern that he might fade out of view because of an injury, though.
Chiasson, 22, needed to leave Monday’s NBC Sports Network game against the Chicago Blackhawks after being hit early in the second period.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The Stars announced that he suffered an upper-body injury and is questionable to return. Some believe it might be a shoulder issue.
A serious issue would be a shame because Chiasson has enjoyed a remarkable run to begin his NHL career.
After failing to score in his league debut on April 3, Chiasson has scored six goals and one assist in his previous five games. He’s connected on an incredible 46.2 percent of his shots on goal so far.
It seems like luck might not be totally on his side if this ends up being a substantial issue, however.
Dallas had some concern that depth forward Vernon Fiddler was injured after taking a puck to the foot earlier in the game, but he returned to action on Monday, so at least they might have dodged that bullet.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34