Apr 15, 2013, 9:29 PM EDT
Alex Chiasson’s surprising hot streak has fallen right in line with the Dallas Stars’ unexpected surge back into the 2013 playoff picture. There’s some concern that he might fade out of view because of an injury, though.
Chiasson, 22, needed to leave Monday’s NBC Sports Network game against the Chicago Blackhawks after being hit early in the second period.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The Stars announced that he suffered an upper-body injury and is questionable to return. Some believe it might be a shoulder issue.
A serious issue would be a shame because Chiasson has enjoyed a remarkable run to begin his NHL career.
After failing to score in his league debut on April 3, Chiasson has scored six goals and one assist in his previous five games. He’s connected on an incredible 46.2 percent of his shots on goal so far.
It seems like luck might not be totally on his side if this ends up being a substantial issue, however.
Dallas had some concern that depth forward Vernon Fiddler was injured after taking a puck to the foot earlier in the game, but he returned to action on Monday, so at least they might have dodged that bullet.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 3
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 16
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 18
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 16
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 50
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 57
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)