Apr 15, 2013, 9:29 PM EDT
Alex Chiasson’s surprising hot streak has fallen right in line with the Dallas Stars’ unexpected surge back into the 2013 playoff picture. There’s some concern that he might fade out of view because of an injury, though.
Chiasson, 22, needed to leave Monday’s NBC Sports Network game against the Chicago Blackhawks after being hit early in the second period.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The Stars announced that he suffered an upper-body injury and is questionable to return. Some believe it might be a shoulder issue.
A serious issue would be a shame because Chiasson has enjoyed a remarkable run to begin his NHL career.
After failing to score in his league debut on April 3, Chiasson has scored six goals and one assist in his previous five games. He’s connected on an incredible 46.2 percent of his shots on goal so far.
It seems like luck might not be totally on his side if this ends up being a substantial issue, however.
Dallas had some concern that depth forward Vernon Fiddler was injured after taking a puck to the foot earlier in the game, but he returned to action on Monday, so at least they might have dodged that bullet.
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 20
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 29
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 30
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 53
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)