Apr 15, 2013, 11:29 AM EDT
Dorsett, who hasn’t played since Mar. 8 after breaking his collarbone, was a key part in the deal that saw Marian Gaborik go to the Blue Jackets.
Prior to the start of this year, Columbus named Dorsett one of its three alternate captains after he’d worn an “A” over parts of the last two seasons.
Upon acquiring Dorsett, the Rangers were hopeful he’d be back in time for the playoffs.
His style of play is what many figure has been missing from the Blueshirts’ lineup this year — Dorsett led the Jackets with 199 hits a year ago (27th overall in the league) and fought a whopping 19 times.
The hope is that he, along with Ryane Clowe, can add grit and nastiness to a lineup that’s often been without this season.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39