Apr 15, 2013, 11:29 AM EDT
Dorsett, who hasn’t played since Mar. 8 after breaking his collarbone, was a key part in the deal that saw Marian Gaborik go to the Blue Jackets.
Prior to the start of this year, Columbus named Dorsett one of its three alternate captains after he’d worn an “A” over parts of the last two seasons.
Upon acquiring Dorsett, the Rangers were hopeful he’d be back in time for the playoffs.
His style of play is what many figure has been missing from the Blueshirts’ lineup this year — Dorsett led the Jackets with 199 hits a year ago (27th overall in the league) and fought a whopping 19 times.
The hope is that he, along with Ryane Clowe, can add grit and nastiness to a lineup that’s often been without this season.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 4
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 30
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 8
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)