Apr 15, 2013, 11:29 AM EST
Dorsett, who hasn’t played since Mar. 8 after breaking his collarbone, was a key part in the deal that saw Marian Gaborik go to the Blue Jackets.
Prior to the start of this year, Columbus named Dorsett one of its three alternate captains after he’d worn an “A” over parts of the last two seasons.
Upon acquiring Dorsett, the Rangers were hopeful he’d be back in time for the playoffs.
His style of play is what many figure has been missing from the Blueshirts’ lineup this year — Dorsett led the Jackets with 199 hits a year ago (27th overall in the league) and fought a whopping 19 times.
The hope is that he, along with Ryane Clowe, can add grit and nastiness to a lineup that’s often been without this season.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11