Apr 15, 2013, 11:29 AM EDT
Dorsett, who hasn’t played since Mar. 8 after breaking his collarbone, was a key part in the deal that saw Marian Gaborik go to the Blue Jackets.
Prior to the start of this year, Columbus named Dorsett one of its three alternate captains after he’d worn an “A” over parts of the last two seasons.
Upon acquiring Dorsett, the Rangers were hopeful he’d be back in time for the playoffs.
His style of play is what many figure has been missing from the Blueshirts’ lineup this year — Dorsett led the Jackets with 199 hits a year ago (27th overall in the league) and fought a whopping 19 times.
The hope is that he, along with Ryane Clowe, can add grit and nastiness to a lineup that’s often been without this season.
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 10
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 36
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12