Apr 15, 2013, 11:29 AM EST
Dorsett, who hasn’t played since Mar. 8 after breaking his collarbone, was a key part in the deal that saw Marian Gaborik go to the Blue Jackets.
Prior to the start of this year, Columbus named Dorsett one of its three alternate captains after he’d worn an “A” over parts of the last two seasons.
Upon acquiring Dorsett, the Rangers were hopeful he’d be back in time for the playoffs.
His style of play is what many figure has been missing from the Blueshirts’ lineup this year — Dorsett led the Jackets with 199 hits a year ago (27th overall in the league) and fought a whopping 19 times.
The hope is that he, along with Ryane Clowe, can add grit and nastiness to a lineup that’s often been without this season.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 3
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 57
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 28
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)