Apr 15, 2013, 12:40 PM EDT
One of the three assets acquired by Calgary in the Jarome Iginla trade will be on display Monday night.
Ben Hanowski — obtained from Pittsburgh with Kenny Agostino and a ’13 first-round pick — will make both his Flames and NHL debut tonight (in Calgary!) against the Wild.
Hanowski, 22, recently wrapped his four-year collegiate career at St. Cloud State by losing in the Frozen Four semifinal to Quinnipiac.
He signed with the Flames shortly after on a two-year, $1.8 million entry-level deal.
Hanowski was Pittsburgh’s third-round pick (63rd overall) at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft. In his senior season at St. Cloud, he posted 17G-14A-31PTS and served as captain as the Huskies advanced to the Frozen Four for the first time in school history.
If you’re curious, he’s going to wear No. 58 for his first game, becoming just the fourth Flame to ever wear that number. Hanowski was preceded by Sergei Varlamov, Steve Montador and David Moss (you can’t un-know this now).
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 28
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 63
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 27
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (63)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)