Apr 15, 2013, 12:40 PM EDT
One of the three assets acquired by Calgary in the Jarome Iginla trade will be on display Monday night.
Ben Hanowski — obtained from Pittsburgh with Kenny Agostino and a ’13 first-round pick — will make both his Flames and NHL debut tonight (in Calgary!) against the Wild.
Hanowski, 22, recently wrapped his four-year collegiate career at St. Cloud State by losing in the Frozen Four semifinal to Quinnipiac.
He signed with the Flames shortly after on a two-year, $1.8 million entry-level deal.
Hanowski was Pittsburgh’s third-round pick (63rd overall) at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft. In his senior season at St. Cloud, he posted 17G-14A-31PTS and served as captain as the Huskies advanced to the Frozen Four for the first time in school history.
If you’re curious, he’s going to wear No. 58 for his first game, becoming just the fourth Flame to ever wear that number. Hanowski was preceded by Sergei Varlamov, Steve Montador and David Moss (you can’t un-know this now).
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)