Apr 15, 2013, 12:40 PM EDT
One of the three assets acquired by Calgary in the Jarome Iginla trade will be on display Monday night.
Ben Hanowski — obtained from Pittsburgh with Kenny Agostino and a ’13 first-round pick — will make both his Flames and NHL debut tonight (in Calgary!) against the Wild.
Hanowski, 22, recently wrapped his four-year collegiate career at St. Cloud State by losing in the Frozen Four semifinal to Quinnipiac.
He signed with the Flames shortly after on a two-year, $1.8 million entry-level deal.
Hanowski was Pittsburgh’s third-round pick (63rd overall) at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft. In his senior season at St. Cloud, he posted 17G-14A-31PTS and served as captain as the Huskies advanced to the Frozen Four for the first time in school history.
If you’re curious, he’s going to wear No. 58 for his first game, becoming just the fourth Flame to ever wear that number. Hanowski was preceded by Sergei Varlamov, Steve Montador and David Moss (you can’t un-know this now).
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 5
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6