Apr 15, 2013, 12:40 PM EDT
One of the three assets acquired by Calgary in the Jarome Iginla trade will be on display Monday night.
Ben Hanowski — obtained from Pittsburgh with Kenny Agostino and a ’13 first-round pick — will make both his Flames and NHL debut tonight (in Calgary!) against the Wild.
Hanowski, 22, recently wrapped his four-year collegiate career at St. Cloud State by losing in the Frozen Four semifinal to Quinnipiac.
He signed with the Flames shortly after on a two-year, $1.8 million entry-level deal.
Hanowski was Pittsburgh’s third-round pick (63rd overall) at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft. In his senior season at St. Cloud, he posted 17G-14A-31PTS and served as captain as the Huskies advanced to the Frozen Four for the first time in school history.
If you’re curious, he’s going to wear No. 58 for his first game, becoming just the fourth Flame to ever wear that number. Hanowski was preceded by Sergei Varlamov, Steve Montador and David Moss (you can’t un-know this now).
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 5
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 20
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 78
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 35
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)