Apr 15, 2013, 12:40 PM EST
One of the three assets acquired by Calgary in the Jarome Iginla trade will be on display Monday night.
Ben Hanowski — obtained from Pittsburgh with Kenny Agostino and a ’13 first-round pick — will make both his Flames and NHL debut tonight (in Calgary!) against the Wild.
Hanowski, 22, recently wrapped his four-year collegiate career at St. Cloud State by losing in the Frozen Four semifinal to Quinnipiac.
He signed with the Flames shortly after on a two-year, $1.8 million entry-level deal.
Hanowski was Pittsburgh’s third-round pick (63rd overall) at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft. In his senior season at St. Cloud, he posted 17G-14A-31PTS and served as captain as the Huskies advanced to the Frozen Four for the first time in school history.
If you’re curious, he’s going to wear No. 58 for his first game, becoming just the fourth Flame to ever wear that number. Hanowski was preceded by Sergei Varlamov, Steve Montador and David Moss (you can’t un-know this now).
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 4
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 25
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 6
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 16
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 8
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27