Apr 15, 2013, 1:17 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins got some good news on the injury front Monday as head coach Dan Bylsma said winger James Neal is symptom-free after suffering a concussion on Apr. 5.
Neal’s missed Pittsburgh’s last three games after taking this hit from Rangers defenseman Michael Del Zotto:
Neal, who had no previous history of concussions, was Pittsburgh’s third-leading scorer at the time of the injury with 18G-14A-32PTS.
He’s coming off a 2011-12 season in which he scored a career-high 40 goals and was named to his first NHL All-Star Game.
As for the other injured Pens…
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 0
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 17
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 28
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4