Apr 15, 2013, 4:19 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings had a welcome participant at practice on Monday in the form of Matt Greene.
The defenseman, who has missed 41 of LA’s 42 games this year due to a back injury, was cleared for contact and participated in his first full practice today.
Greene also traveled with the Kings to San Jose for tomorrow’s game against the Sharks.
As for when the 29-year-old will get back in the lineup? Here’s what Kings head coach Darryl Sutter said on Friday, prior to Greene getting medical clearance for contact:
“Quite honest, if he’s not ready to play three or four games, and if we made the playoffs, I’d have trouble putting him in for sure.
“He played, what, a few minutes of the year. So it’s not about ‘what you did’. It’s ‘what you’re doing’.
“It’s very simple. I mean, he’s going to have to play three or four games, very simple, otherwise I could not be comfortable with it.”
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50