Apr 15, 2013, 4:19 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings had a welcome participant at practice on Monday in the form of Matt Greene.
The defenseman, who has missed 41 of LA’s 42 games this year due to a back injury, was cleared for contact and participated in his first full practice today.
Greene also traveled with the Kings to San Jose for tomorrow’s game against the Sharks.
As for when the 29-year-old will get back in the lineup? Here’s what Kings head coach Darryl Sutter said on Friday, prior to Greene getting medical clearance for contact:
“Quite honest, if he’s not ready to play three or four games, and if we made the playoffs, I’d have trouble putting him in for sure.
“He played, what, a few minutes of the year. So it’s not about ‘what you did’. It’s ‘what you’re doing’.
“It’s very simple. I mean, he’s going to have to play three or four games, very simple, otherwise I could not be comfortable with it.”
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18