Apr 15, 2013, 4:19 PM EST
The Los Angeles Kings had a welcome participant at practice on Monday in the form of Matt Greene.
The defenseman, who has missed 41 of LA’s 42 games this year due to a back injury, was cleared for contact and participated in his first full practice today.
Greene also traveled with the Kings to San Jose for tomorrow’s game against the Sharks.
As for when the 29-year-old will get back in the lineup? Here’s what Kings head coach Darryl Sutter said on Friday, prior to Greene getting medical clearance for contact:
“Quite honest, if he’s not ready to play three or four games, and if we made the playoffs, I’d have trouble putting him in for sure.
“He played, what, a few minutes of the year. So it’s not about ‘what you did’. It’s ‘what you’re doing’.
“It’s very simple. I mean, he’s going to have to play three or four games, very simple, otherwise I could not be comfortable with it.”
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 17
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 33
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 33
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 6
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)