Apr 15, 2013, 8:45 PM EDT
Take another look at the check, via CSNPhilly.com:
The NHL seems to base its disciplinary decisions at least partially on how injured the recipient of a questionable hit ends up, so this news is bad for White along with Huskins.
Injuries have hit the Flyers pretty hard in 2013, particularly on the blueline. In the likely event that Huskins remains on the shelf longer than Monday, he’ll join injured defensemen Marc-Andre Bourdon, Braydon Coburn, Andrej Meszaros, Nicklas Grossmann and Chris Pronger.
Huskins was in the middle of his eighth game for the Flyers. The 33-year-old blueliner was traded to Philly from the Detroit Red Wings on March 30.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32