Apr 15, 2013, 8:45 PM EST
Take another look at the check, via CSNPhilly.com:
The NHL seems to base its disciplinary decisions at least partially on how injured the recipient of a questionable hit ends up, so this news is bad for White along with Huskins.
Injuries have hit the Flyers pretty hard in 2013, particularly on the blueline. In the likely event that Huskins remains on the shelf longer than Monday, he’ll join injured defensemen Marc-Andre Bourdon, Braydon Coburn, Andrej Meszaros, Nicklas Grossmann and Chris Pronger.
Huskins was in the middle of his eighth game for the Flyers. The 33-year-old blueliner was traded to Philly from the Detroit Red Wings on March 30.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 9
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 32
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 25
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)