Apr 15, 2013, 8:45 PM EDT
Take another look at the check, via CSNPhilly.com:
The NHL seems to base its disciplinary decisions at least partially on how injured the recipient of a questionable hit ends up, so this news is bad for White along with Huskins.
Injuries have hit the Flyers pretty hard in 2013, particularly on the blueline. In the likely event that Huskins remains on the shelf longer than Monday, he’ll join injured defensemen Marc-Andre Bourdon, Braydon Coburn, Andrej Meszaros, Nicklas Grossmann and Chris Pronger.
Huskins was in the middle of his eighth game for the Flyers. The 33-year-old blueliner was traded to Philly from the Detroit Red Wings on March 30.
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Eastern Conference Final Game 7 6
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 30
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 1
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 53
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 12
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (53)