Apr 15, 2013, 10:42 AM EDT
According to the PG, it’s believed to be the first time Crosby’s skated since suffering a broken jaw on Mar. 30. The 25-year-old has missed Pittsburgh’s last six games with the injury.
Here’s video of Crosby skating, courtesy the Post-Gazette:
It appeared as though No. 87 was wearing a full plastic shield to protect his jaw, something (we assume) he could be wearing upon his return to action.
As for Neal and Martin, they too participated in the skate, with Martin staying out extra with conditioning coach Mike Kadar.
Neal has missed the last three games with a concussion, while Martin has been out since Mar. 28 with a broken bone in his hand/wrist.
- TGIF: In which we salivate over potential playoff matchups 10
- Backstrom to receive silver medal, IOC says Sweden doctor ‘made a serious error’ 23
- Pens lose Neal to concussion 47
- Here are the top 10 and bottom 10 goalies in even-strength save percentage 18
- Weekend preview: Flyers-Pens rivalry renewed, Bruins look to stay hot 11
- Video: Stamkos scores first goal since returning to Lightning lineup 4
- Sedin backs Tortorella and staff: ‘We love playing for these coaches’ 25
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider 98
- Callahan: I wanted to stay in New York 40
- Playoff bubble watch — Wild edition 18
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (73)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)