Apr 15, 2013, 7:12 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins’ game against the Ottawa Senators was postponed on Wednesday after the Boston Marathon explosions. Bruins team president Cam Neely released the following statement regarding that decision.
“After consultation with city, state and NHL officials we collectively made the decision to postpone tonight’s game. Public safety personnel from the city and state are still gathering information regarding today’s events and it is vital they have all resources available for their investigation. The thoughts and prayers of everyone in the Bruins organization are with the city of Boston and all those affected by today’s tragedy.”
Senators GM Bryan Murray also released a statement supporting the choice to move the game.
“The thoughts and prayers of the entire Ottawa Senators organization are with those people affected by today’s tragic events in Boston. We fully support the National Hockey League’s decision to postpone tonight’s game. Our entire team is safe and together. If possible, we are hoping to return to Ottawa this evening.”
The league has yet to make any announcements regarding when (and possibly where) the postponed game might take place.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 1
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 1
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 9
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 37
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)