Apr 15, 2013, 7:12 PM EST
The Boston Bruins’ game against the Ottawa Senators was postponed on Wednesday after the Boston Marathon explosions. Bruins team president Cam Neely released the following statement regarding that decision.
“After consultation with city, state and NHL officials we collectively made the decision to postpone tonight’s game. Public safety personnel from the city and state are still gathering information regarding today’s events and it is vital they have all resources available for their investigation. The thoughts and prayers of everyone in the Bruins organization are with the city of Boston and all those affected by today’s tragedy.”
Senators GM Bryan Murray also released a statement supporting the choice to move the game.
“The thoughts and prayers of the entire Ottawa Senators organization are with those people affected by today’s tragic events in Boston. We fully support the National Hockey League’s decision to postpone tonight’s game. Our entire team is safe and together. If possible, we are hoping to return to Ottawa this evening.”
The league has yet to make any announcements regarding when (and possibly where) the postponed game might take place.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 5
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 4
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 21
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)