Apr 15, 2013, 7:12 PM EST
The Boston Bruins’ game against the Ottawa Senators was postponed on Wednesday after the Boston Marathon explosions. Bruins team president Cam Neely released the following statement regarding that decision.
“After consultation with city, state and NHL officials we collectively made the decision to postpone tonight’s game. Public safety personnel from the city and state are still gathering information regarding today’s events and it is vital they have all resources available for their investigation. The thoughts and prayers of everyone in the Bruins organization are with the city of Boston and all those affected by today’s tragedy.”
Senators GM Bryan Murray also released a statement supporting the choice to move the game.
“The thoughts and prayers of the entire Ottawa Senators organization are with those people affected by today’s tragic events in Boston. We fully support the National Hockey League’s decision to postpone tonight’s game. Our entire team is safe and together. If possible, we are hoping to return to Ottawa this evening.”
The league has yet to make any announcements regarding when (and possibly where) the postponed game might take place.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 7
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 13
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 23
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 22
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)