Apr 15, 2013, 4:45 PM EDT
Tonight’s Bruins-Senators game at TD Garden has been postponed as a result of the explosions at today’s Boston Marathon.
No makeup date has been announced; however, the NHL does plan to reschedule.
“The National Hockey League wishes to express its sympathy to all affected by the tragic events that took place in Boston earlier this afternoon,” the league wrote in a release.
At 4:08 p.m. ET, around three hours before game time, it was reported by the Boston Globe’s Kevin Paul Dupont that the game would still be played. However, that’s not the case anymore.
For more coverage of the explosions, please visit NBCNEWS.com.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 5
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 6
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 33
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 48
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 22
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 66
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)