Apr 15, 2013, 4:45 PM EDT
Tonight’s Bruins-Senators game at TD Garden has been postponed as a result of the explosions at today’s Boston Marathon.
No makeup date has been announced; however, the NHL does plan to reschedule.
“The National Hockey League wishes to express its sympathy to all affected by the tragic events that took place in Boston earlier this afternoon,” the league wrote in a release.
At 4:08 p.m. ET, around three hours before game time, it was reported by the Boston Globe’s Kevin Paul Dupont that the game would still be played. However, that’s not the case anymore.
For more coverage of the explosions, please visit NBCNEWS.com.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes errant knee to head 0
- WATCH LIVE: Tampa Bay Lightning at Montreal Canadiens (Game 3) 2
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 30
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 53
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 82
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (82)