Apr 15, 2013, 12:18 PM EDT
Columbus goalie Sergei Bobrovsky has been named the NHL’s first star of the week after going 3-0-0 with a 0.97 goals-against average, .971 save percentage and one shutout in three games.
For Bobrovsky, it’s the second time in little over a month that he’s been honored with the first star of the week. In 32 appearances for the Blue Jackets, the 24-year-old has a .932 save percentage, the highest of any goalie with at least 20 starts.
Toronto sniper Phil Kessel was the second star of the week, with five goals in three games for the Maple Leafs.
Dallas backup Richard Bachman was the third star after he helped keep the Stars in the playoff race with a 3-0-0 record, a 1.08 goals-against average and .963 save percentage.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)