Apr 15, 2013, 12:18 PM EDT
Columbus goalie Sergei Bobrovsky has been named the NHL’s first star of the week after going 3-0-0 with a 0.97 goals-against average, .971 save percentage and one shutout in three games.
For Bobrovsky, it’s the second time in little over a month that he’s been honored with the first star of the week. In 32 appearances for the Blue Jackets, the 24-year-old has a .932 save percentage, the highest of any goalie with at least 20 starts.
Toronto sniper Phil Kessel was the second star of the week, with five goals in three games for the Maple Leafs.
Dallas backup Richard Bachman was the third star after he helped keep the Stars in the playoff race with a 3-0-0 record, a 1.08 goals-against average and .963 save percentage.
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 5
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 28
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)