Apr 14, 2013, 2:29 PM EST
Chicago Blackhawks fans got a bit of a scare during the first period of today’s game in St. Louis.
Blues captain David Backes and Hawks captain Jonathan Toews were busy getting physical with each other but Toews took the brunt of the action as he left the ice to get treated after this rough hit along the boards.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Toews hobbled off to the locker room for treatment mid-period but did return to action to start the second. Chicago might be the “Windy City” now thanks to a huge sigh of relief.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 10
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 27
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)