Apr 14, 2013, 2:29 PM EDT
Chicago Blackhawks fans got a bit of a scare during the first period of today’s game in St. Louis.
Blues captain David Backes and Hawks captain Jonathan Toews were busy getting physical with each other but Toews took the brunt of the action as he left the ice to get treated after this rough hit along the boards.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Toews hobbled off to the locker room for treatment mid-period but did return to action to start the second. Chicago might be the “Windy City” now thanks to a huge sigh of relief.
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 2
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 12
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 0
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 53
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 51
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 54
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)