Apr 14, 2013, 11:35 AM EST
Remember when Edmonton was in eighth place in the West? Feels like it was a while ago now, but after the Oilers dropped a 4-1 decision to lowly rival Calgary last night reality is hitting Edmonton.
“Not a lot of won battles, won races … just not the hockey we want to play. We have to be proud of what we’re doing here — that team (Calgary) is doing it,” said Hall. “We’re the Oilers, we get paid a lot of money to do this. We have to come and put our hard-hats on, work and compete and see what happens. We can do as many systems as we want and we can practice, but it comes down to battles.”
Not sure if hard-hats would’ve helped the Oilers but goals and better defense and goaltending from Nikolai Khabibulin would’ve done a world of good against the Flames.
We know they’re a young team and the ups and downs will happen, but losing five in a row after reaching eighth place for a day makes for a disheartening tease. Getting outscored 17-4 over those five games means they’re not doing much of anything right in the end.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 42
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)