Apr 14, 2013, 3:59 PM EDT
News keeps getting better for the Toronto Maple Leafs. After disposing the rival Canadiens last night, they find out today injured winger Joffrey Lupul has been cleared for contact.
Lupul spoke with media today in Toronto and says he’s feeling better after suffering a concussion against the Flyers on April 4. He also says he’s at fault for getting hit the way he did as Kevin McGran of the Toronto Star shares.
“I was disappointed with myself, putting myself in the situation to take that hit,” said Lupul. “I knew who I was on the ice with and where the puck was. I thought I located both those guys, but I didn’t see what way [Jay] Rosehill was coming.
“I take responsibility for that. You’ve got to protect yourself. I should have protected myself. Those two guys shouldn’t be taking me out of the lineup.”
The other player in that pileup was Adam Hall. A first-line caliber player getting taken out by a pair of fourth liners is a bit regretful. For Lupul, this seasons been especially tricky as he’s played in just 10 games. Toronto will be happy to have him back when he’s ready, especially for the postseason.
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 4
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 31
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)