Apr 14, 2013, 3:59 PM EDT
News keeps getting better for the Toronto Maple Leafs. After disposing the rival Canadiens last night, they find out today injured winger Joffrey Lupul has been cleared for contact.
Lupul spoke with media today in Toronto and says he’s feeling better after suffering a concussion against the Flyers on April 4. He also says he’s at fault for getting hit the way he did as Kevin McGran of the Toronto Star shares.
“I was disappointed with myself, putting myself in the situation to take that hit,” said Lupul. “I knew who I was on the ice with and where the puck was. I thought I located both those guys, but I didn’t see what way [Jay] Rosehill was coming.
“I take responsibility for that. You’ve got to protect yourself. I should have protected myself. Those two guys shouldn’t be taking me out of the lineup.”
The other player in that pileup was Adam Hall. A first-line caliber player getting taken out by a pair of fourth liners is a bit regretful. For Lupul, this seasons been especially tricky as he’s played in just 10 games. Toronto will be happy to have him back when he’s ready, especially for the postseason.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)