Apr 14, 2013, 3:59 PM EST
News keeps getting better for the Toronto Maple Leafs. After disposing the rival Canadiens last night, they find out today injured winger Joffrey Lupul has been cleared for contact.
Lupul spoke with media today in Toronto and says he’s feeling better after suffering a concussion against the Flyers on April 4. He also says he’s at fault for getting hit the way he did as Kevin McGran of the Toronto Star shares.
“I was disappointed with myself, putting myself in the situation to take that hit,” said Lupul. “I knew who I was on the ice with and where the puck was. I thought I located both those guys, but I didn’t see what way [Jay] Rosehill was coming.
“I take responsibility for that. You’ve got to protect yourself. I should have protected myself. Those two guys shouldn’t be taking me out of the lineup.”
The other player in that pileup was Adam Hall. A first-line caliber player getting taken out by a pair of fourth liners is a bit regretful. For Lupul, this seasons been especially tricky as he’s played in just 10 games. Toronto will be happy to have him back when he’s ready, especially for the postseason.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4