Apr 14, 2013, 6:13 PM EDT
Nashville has no realistic hope of making the playoffs this season, but Predators fans will get a glimpse of the team’s future tonight.
18-year-old forward Filip Forsberg, who the Predators acquired from the Washington Capitals in exchange for Martin Erat, will make his season debut vs the Detroit Red Wings, according to NHL.com. To make matters more interesting, he won’t be eased into the lineup.
Forsberg is projected to play alongside David Legwand and Taylor Beck on Nashville’s first line. He will also be part of Nashville’s top power-play unit.
“You can see the skillset,” Predators coach Barry Trotz said. “He shoots the puck really hard. You can see he has good mobility for a young guy. .. (He has) great, great potential and that’s always a dangerous word because it means he hasn’t done anything.”
Nothing yet, but the Predators seem more than willing to give Forsberg every opportunity to prove that he can live up to the hype.
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 7
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 31
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 25
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 8
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)