Apr 14, 2013, 3:13 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks beat the St. Louis Blues at their own game on Sunday, although really, playing strong defense seems like it’s a huge part of the West’s top team’s system, too.
Either way, Chicago beat St. Louis 2-0 in a tight, tense game. Let’s get to the talking points.
- The Blackhawks scored early in the second period, ending Brian Elliott‘s shutout streak at 214:00. That’s a new Blues franchise record. How impressed are you buy Elliott’s run? Will he still be a factor in the regular season and/or playoffs?
- Jonathan Toews shook off that David Backes hit. How much trouble is Chicago in if “Captain Serious” ends up being hurt upon further inspection, though?
- This seems to be a good weekend for rivalries as this contest and Saturday’s New York Rangers-New York Islanders match showed that historic disputes are revving back up. Where does Chicago vs. St. Louis rank for you in the league’s best feuds?
- Who should be the Blackhawks’ go-to goalie: Corey Crawford (30-save shutout today) or Ray Emery (just one loss this season)?
- Which potential eighth seed matchup is most ideal for Chicago? Who would the Blackhawks be glad to avoid?
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 48
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 7
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 35
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12