Apr 14, 2013, 3:13 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks beat the St. Louis Blues at their own game on Sunday, although really, playing strong defense seems like it’s a huge part of the West’s top team’s system, too.
Either way, Chicago beat St. Louis 2-0 in a tight, tense game. Let’s get to the talking points.
- The Blackhawks scored early in the second period, ending Brian Elliott‘s shutout streak at 214:00. That’s a new Blues franchise record. How impressed are you buy Elliott’s run? Will he still be a factor in the regular season and/or playoffs?
- Jonathan Toews shook off that David Backes hit. How much trouble is Chicago in if “Captain Serious” ends up being hurt upon further inspection, though?
- This seems to be a good weekend for rivalries as this contest and Saturday’s New York Rangers-New York Islanders match showed that historic disputes are revving back up. Where does Chicago vs. St. Louis rank for you in the league’s best feuds?
- Who should be the Blackhawks’ go-to goalie: Corey Crawford (30-save shutout today) or Ray Emery (just one loss this season)?
- Which potential eighth seed matchup is most ideal for Chicago? Who would the Blackhawks be glad to avoid?
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)