Apr 14, 2013, 3:13 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks beat the St. Louis Blues at their own game on Sunday, although really, playing strong defense seems like it’s a huge part of the West’s top team’s system, too.
Either way, Chicago beat St. Louis 2-0 in a tight, tense game. Let’s get to the talking points.
- The Blackhawks scored early in the second period, ending Brian Elliott‘s shutout streak at 214:00. That’s a new Blues franchise record. How impressed are you buy Elliott’s run? Will he still be a factor in the regular season and/or playoffs?
- Jonathan Toews shook off that David Backes hit. How much trouble is Chicago in if “Captain Serious” ends up being hurt upon further inspection, though?
- This seems to be a good weekend for rivalries as this contest and Saturday’s New York Rangers-New York Islanders match showed that historic disputes are revving back up. Where does Chicago vs. St. Louis rank for you in the league’s best feuds?
- Who should be the Blackhawks’ go-to goalie: Corey Crawford (30-save shutout today) or Ray Emery (just one loss this season)?
- Which potential eighth seed matchup is most ideal for Chicago? Who would the Blackhawks be glad to avoid?
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 2
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 21
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 30
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 33
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)