Apr 14, 2013, 3:13 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks beat the St. Louis Blues at their own game on Sunday, although really, playing strong defense seems like it’s a huge part of the West’s top team’s system, too.
Either way, Chicago beat St. Louis 2-0 in a tight, tense game. Let’s get to the talking points.
- The Blackhawks scored early in the second period, ending Brian Elliott‘s shutout streak at 214:00. That’s a new Blues franchise record. How impressed are you buy Elliott’s run? Will he still be a factor in the regular season and/or playoffs?
- Jonathan Toews shook off that David Backes hit. How much trouble is Chicago in if “Captain Serious” ends up being hurt upon further inspection, though?
- This seems to be a good weekend for rivalries as this contest and Saturday’s New York Rangers-New York Islanders match showed that historic disputes are revving back up. Where does Chicago vs. St. Louis rank for you in the league’s best feuds?
- Who should be the Blackhawks’ go-to goalie: Corey Crawford (30-save shutout today) or Ray Emery (just one loss this season)?
- Which potential eighth seed matchup is most ideal for Chicago? Who would the Blackhawks be glad to avoid?
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 8
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 3
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 24
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 19
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)