Apr 14, 2013, 4:47 PM EDT
New Jersey is reeling and they’re desperate to try and change their losing ways.
After losing nine straight games, players will sometimes do things to try and change their luck. As Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice shares, both Martin Brodeur and David Clarkson are switching up their game-day habits and superstitions to try and get off the schneid.
“I’ve changed all my watches every game, all little things like that, that I believe for my own doing,” Brodeur said. “Last year was great. Every time my daughter was home, she would pick my tie to go to the game. So, the other day she was home after school, so I go, ‘Listen. You go pick my tie now.’ I think, personally, everybody’s tried something in their own way of preparing. I’ve changed things and I’m sure guys have done that just to try to mix it up and see.
“I know it sounds silly maybe for the common person, but for an athlete they know what we’re talking about.”
Clarkson says he’s changed up when he gets on and off the ice at practice to change his mojo. Did someone drink Jobu’s rum yet? The Devils get the chance to break out of their funk tomorrow night in Toronto.
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 34
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 153
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 49
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery 57
- Kane: ‘I’m a Winnipeg Jet right now… we’ll see what happens’ 50
- McDavid, Eichel top Central Scouting Futures list 14
- Columnist: Mike Green is ‘destined to be traded’ by Caps 40
- Spezza: ‘I’m just a piece to the puzzle’ in Dallas 32
- Ovechkin ‘upset’ at Grabovski departure, happy with defensive signings 18
- Washington Capitals were free agency’s biggest spenders 15
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (158)
- Pros and cons of Subban filing for arbitration (67)
- Giroux apologizes, calls actions a ‘misguided attempt at humor’ (64)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery (57)