Apr 14, 2013, 4:47 PM EST
New Jersey is reeling and they’re desperate to try and change their losing ways.
After losing nine straight games, players will sometimes do things to try and change their luck. As Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice shares, both Martin Brodeur and David Clarkson are switching up their game-day habits and superstitions to try and get off the schneid.
“I’ve changed all my watches every game, all little things like that, that I believe for my own doing,” Brodeur said. “Last year was great. Every time my daughter was home, she would pick my tie to go to the game. So, the other day she was home after school, so I go, ‘Listen. You go pick my tie now.’ I think, personally, everybody’s tried something in their own way of preparing. I’ve changed things and I’m sure guys have done that just to try to mix it up and see.
“I know it sounds silly maybe for the common person, but for an athlete they know what we’re talking about.”
Clarkson says he’s changed up when he gets on and off the ice at practice to change his mojo. Did someone drink Jobu’s rum yet? The Devils get the chance to break out of their funk tomorrow night in Toronto.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (146)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)