Apr 14, 2013, 4:47 PM EST
New Jersey is reeling and they’re desperate to try and change their losing ways.
After losing nine straight games, players will sometimes do things to try and change their luck. As Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice shares, both Martin Brodeur and David Clarkson are switching up their game-day habits and superstitions to try and get off the schneid.
“I’ve changed all my watches every game, all little things like that, that I believe for my own doing,” Brodeur said. “Last year was great. Every time my daughter was home, she would pick my tie to go to the game. So, the other day she was home after school, so I go, ‘Listen. You go pick my tie now.’ I think, personally, everybody’s tried something in their own way of preparing. I’ve changed things and I’m sure guys have done that just to try to mix it up and see.
“I know it sounds silly maybe for the common person, but for an athlete they know what we’re talking about.”
Clarkson says he’s changed up when he gets on and off the ice at practice to change his mojo. Did someone drink Jobu’s rum yet? The Devils get the chance to break out of their funk tomorrow night in Toronto.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 7
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)