Apr 14, 2013, 4:47 PM EDT
New Jersey is reeling and they’re desperate to try and change their losing ways.
After losing nine straight games, players will sometimes do things to try and change their luck. As Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice shares, both Martin Brodeur and David Clarkson are switching up their game-day habits and superstitions to try and get off the schneid.
“I’ve changed all my watches every game, all little things like that, that I believe for my own doing,” Brodeur said. “Last year was great. Every time my daughter was home, she would pick my tie to go to the game. So, the other day she was home after school, so I go, ‘Listen. You go pick my tie now.’ I think, personally, everybody’s tried something in their own way of preparing. I’ve changed things and I’m sure guys have done that just to try to mix it up and see.
“I know it sounds silly maybe for the common person, but for an athlete they know what we’re talking about.”
Clarkson says he’s changed up when he gets on and off the ice at practice to change his mojo. Did someone drink Jobu’s rum yet? The Devils get the chance to break out of their funk tomorrow night in Toronto.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 9
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 72
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)