Apr 14, 2013, 4:47 PM EDT
New Jersey is reeling and they’re desperate to try and change their losing ways.
After losing nine straight games, players will sometimes do things to try and change their luck. As Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice shares, both Martin Brodeur and David Clarkson are switching up their game-day habits and superstitions to try and get off the schneid.
“I’ve changed all my watches every game, all little things like that, that I believe for my own doing,” Brodeur said. “Last year was great. Every time my daughter was home, she would pick my tie to go to the game. So, the other day she was home after school, so I go, ‘Listen. You go pick my tie now.’ I think, personally, everybody’s tried something in their own way of preparing. I’ve changed things and I’m sure guys have done that just to try to mix it up and see.
“I know it sounds silly maybe for the common person, but for an athlete they know what we’re talking about.”
Clarkson says he’s changed up when he gets on and off the ice at practice to change his mojo. Did someone drink Jobu’s rum yet? The Devils get the chance to break out of their funk tomorrow night in Toronto.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 3
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 17
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 37
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)