Apr 14, 2013, 9:21 AM EDT
For a good part of the season, scoring goals wasn’t a big problem for the Anaheim Ducks. Things as of late aren’t quite so hot for them and after dropping a 2-1 decision to the rival L.A. Kings last night, coach Bruce Boudreau let it be known.
L.A. Kings Insider’s Jon Rosen heard it from Boudreau after last night’s game about how some guys are in a bit of a drought.
“We had chances to take the lead. We had chances to tie it up. We just didn’t get it done,” Boudreau said. “We aren’t scoring any goals. Look at the numbers of guys who haven’t scored in a long time now. What our strength at the beginning of the year was that everybody was scoring now it’s a weakness because nobody is scoring. To win hockey games you have to score goals”
Eric Stephens of the Orange County Register highlighted some of the guys that aren’t producing of late.
Bobby Ryan has one goal in his last 13 games, Doug Winnik has no goals in his last 19 games and just one in his last 38 after a torrid start, and Saku Koivu hasn’t scored in his last 15 games and has just one in his last 22. That’s not getting it done at all.
Piling on to this, the Ducks have cooled off being an average team with eight losses in their last 13 games. Yes, they’re going to the playoffs but they’re looking less intimidating at the wrong time.
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 5
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 17
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 20
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)