Apr 14, 2013, 9:21 AM EST
For a good part of the season, scoring goals wasn’t a big problem for the Anaheim Ducks. Things as of late aren’t quite so hot for them and after dropping a 2-1 decision to the rival L.A. Kings last night, coach Bruce Boudreau let it be known.
L.A. Kings Insider’s Jon Rosen heard it from Boudreau after last night’s game about how some guys are in a bit of a drought.
“We had chances to take the lead. We had chances to tie it up. We just didn’t get it done,” Boudreau said. “We aren’t scoring any goals. Look at the numbers of guys who haven’t scored in a long time now. What our strength at the beginning of the year was that everybody was scoring now it’s a weakness because nobody is scoring. To win hockey games you have to score goals”
Eric Stephens of the Orange County Register highlighted some of the guys that aren’t producing of late.
Bobby Ryan has one goal in his last 13 games, Doug Winnik has no goals in his last 19 games and just one in his last 38 after a torrid start, and Saku Koivu hasn’t scored in his last 15 games and has just one in his last 22. That’s not getting it done at all.
Piling on to this, the Ducks have cooled off being an average team with eight losses in their last 13 games. Yes, they’re going to the playoffs but they’re looking less intimidating at the wrong time.
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing, Tomas Hertl won’t return (update) 41
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 28
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 6
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 21
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 54
- Video: ‘The message is not being heard’ when it comes to illegal hits, suspensions 53
- Video: Kunitz collides with Rangers’ goalie Lundqvist in overtime (Updated) 60
- Discuss: Penguins outlast Rangers in the shootout on NBCSN Rivalry Night 43
- Video: Jagr passes Yzerman for eighth on NHL goals list 12
- Wild put Harding on IR to undergo change in MS treatment 17
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (103)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)