Apr 14, 2013, 9:21 AM EST
For a good part of the season, scoring goals wasn’t a big problem for the Anaheim Ducks. Things as of late aren’t quite so hot for them and after dropping a 2-1 decision to the rival L.A. Kings last night, coach Bruce Boudreau let it be known.
L.A. Kings Insider’s Jon Rosen heard it from Boudreau after last night’s game about how some guys are in a bit of a drought.
“We had chances to take the lead. We had chances to tie it up. We just didn’t get it done,” Boudreau said. “We aren’t scoring any goals. Look at the numbers of guys who haven’t scored in a long time now. What our strength at the beginning of the year was that everybody was scoring now it’s a weakness because nobody is scoring. To win hockey games you have to score goals”
Eric Stephens of the Orange County Register highlighted some of the guys that aren’t producing of late.
Bobby Ryan has one goal in his last 13 games, Doug Winnik has no goals in his last 19 games and just one in his last 38 after a torrid start, and Saku Koivu hasn’t scored in his last 15 games and has just one in his last 22. That’s not getting it done at all.
Piling on to this, the Ducks have cooled off being an average team with eight losses in their last 13 games. Yes, they’re going to the playoffs but they’re looking less intimidating at the wrong time.
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 0
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 4
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 1
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 23
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)