Apr 14, 2013, 9:21 AM EST
For a good part of the season, scoring goals wasn’t a big problem for the Anaheim Ducks. Things as of late aren’t quite so hot for them and after dropping a 2-1 decision to the rival L.A. Kings last night, coach Bruce Boudreau let it be known.
L.A. Kings Insider’s Jon Rosen heard it from Boudreau after last night’s game about how some guys are in a bit of a drought.
“We had chances to take the lead. We had chances to tie it up. We just didn’t get it done,” Boudreau said. “We aren’t scoring any goals. Look at the numbers of guys who haven’t scored in a long time now. What our strength at the beginning of the year was that everybody was scoring now it’s a weakness because nobody is scoring. To win hockey games you have to score goals”
Eric Stephens of the Orange County Register highlighted some of the guys that aren’t producing of late.
Bobby Ryan has one goal in his last 13 games, Doug Winnik has no goals in his last 19 games and just one in his last 38 after a torrid start, and Saku Koivu hasn’t scored in his last 15 games and has just one in his last 22. That’s not getting it done at all.
Piling on to this, the Ducks have cooled off being an average team with eight losses in their last 13 games. Yes, they’re going to the playoffs but they’re looking less intimidating at the wrong time.
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 4
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 2
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 19
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 55
- Eakins calls for patience in Edmonton, whether fans ‘like it or not’ 15
- Bruins have to ‘step up,’ starting tonight in Nashville 45
- Welcome Taylor Hall to the trade rumor mill 53