Apr 13, 2013, 9:00 PM EDT
Coyle received a match penalty and fighting major for the hit. Meanwhile, Dubinsky received a game misconduct and two-minute minor for instigating along with his matching fighting major.
Anisimov has yet to return to the game. As always, his condition will likely play a role in whether or not Coyle, 21, receives a fine or suspension.
While some debate whether or not that supplemental discipline will come, the Minneapolis Star-Tribune’s Michael Russo reports that Wild GM Chuck Fletcher questions the ejection altogether.
#mnwild GM Chuck Fletcher is meeting with Supervisor Mick McGeough about the Coyle penalty. Fletcher’s not happy with the call
— Michael Russo (@Russostrib) April 14, 2013
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 16
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 22
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (148)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (99)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)