Apr 13, 2013, 9:00 PM EDT
Coyle received a match penalty and fighting major for the hit. Meanwhile, Dubinsky received a game misconduct and two-minute minor for instigating along with his matching fighting major.
Anisimov has yet to return to the game. As always, his condition will likely play a role in whether or not Coyle, 21, receives a fine or suspension.
While some debate whether or not that supplemental discipline will come, the Minneapolis Star-Tribune’s Michael Russo reports that Wild GM Chuck Fletcher questions the ejection altogether.
#mnwild GM Chuck Fletcher is meeting with Supervisor Mick McGeough about the Coyle penalty. Fletcher’s not happy with the call
— Michael Russo (@Russostrib) April 14, 2013
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)