Apr 13, 2013, 9:00 PM EST
Coyle received a match penalty and fighting major for the hit. Meanwhile, Dubinsky received a game misconduct and two-minute minor for instigating along with his matching fighting major.
Anisimov has yet to return to the game. As always, his condition will likely play a role in whether or not Coyle, 21, receives a fine or suspension.
While some debate whether or not that supplemental discipline will come, the Minneapolis Star-Tribune’s Michael Russo reports that Wild GM Chuck Fletcher questions the ejection altogether.
#mnwild GM Chuck Fletcher is meeting with Supervisor Mick McGeough about the Coyle penalty. Fletcher’s not happy with the call
— Michael Russo (@Russostrib) April 14, 2013
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 7
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 2
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 10
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 8
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 26
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4